“Fish and Chips by the sea on a cold breezy Good Friday”

Aldeburgh Fish and Chips
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Aldeburgh
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The queues outside the door were long as we got there. But everybody was in high spirits and not too concerned about the wait. Once we were able to open our freshly cooked Fish and Chips, we were somewhat disappointed by the small size of the medium cod, smaller than a small from our local chippy which is as far from the sea as you can get in the UK. Took my first bite and I met my nemesis, BONES. I know that you are thinking its fish and they have bones, you idiot! But my daughter and wife didn't have any in their portions. Putting this aside, as a previous reviewer mentioned, the batter is just...RIGHT; thin, crispy and very tasty- my daughter even ate it. The chips were a little soggy for my liking, but they were all consumed, by everybody. Knowing what I know now, I would order a larger portion, take it next door, ensuring that the wife had bought me a pint, sat down in the pub garden and enjoy everything. Would I go back....Yes! Larger portions though

There are newer reviews for Aldeburgh Fish and Chips

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Had fish & chips from here recently and ate them on Aldeburgh beach! The food was delicious but we did have to queue for 40mins, some wouldn't bother but we are glad we did.
We will definitely return if we are ever in Aldeburgh again!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Continues to serve excellent fish and chips. Queues still form 15 mins before they open, and it takes them a while to work their way through the queue, but it's well worth it. Fish is fresh, good quality, and well cooked. just the right ammount of batter.... thin coating, delicious! Portion size reasonable and price very good.
Web site needs updating - the web site said they were closed but when arrived in town found a queue waiting.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Aldeburgh fish and chips deserve all the hype they receive. Truly scrumptious! Only slight hiccup was the wait but this was inevitable given the quality and the sunshine...worth every minute!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is not the first time we visited Aldeburgh and we happily queued up to order the famous fish and chips. We arrived @12:30 and waited for 40-45 minutes before we could plaice our order. The service was friendly and the display looked full and appetising, however when we sat down at the pebble beach to tuck into the much anticipated fish we were disappointed to find far too much batter and not enough fish. It felt as this was deliberate as the must be able to weigh the raw fish portions and the thickness of the batter before frying it. The chips were fresh and tasty, but that could not make up for the disappointing fish. So disappointing that next time we will go across the road to try out luck their.

1  Thank Danny B