“Fish & Chip heaven”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
England
“Fish & Chip heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Aldeburgh is a little off the beaten track compared to the packed Southwold and a must do is to go to the Fish and Chip shop. Good news is there are two and if one's shut the other is open(owned by same people).

I had a skinless cod and chips and is was simply fantastic. Beautiful white fish that melts in the mouth and wonderful batter. A healthy portion of chips too. The oil used is light and tasty.

Worth visiting Aldeburgh just to eat these on the front,

• Polish first
Leiston, United Kingdom
“no other plaice is the same!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Aldeburgh fish and chips from the original oldest chip shop in town. nothing like sitting on the sea wall with chips out of paper, the smell of the sea and vinegar. smashing

Visited July 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have visited Aldeburgh for years, and always had fish and chips from this chip shop.But I must say that when we bought them from there on Thursday 29th May 2014, they were rather disappointing . Fish did not seem fresh and chips were not that good . I also asked for a carrier , was just given one to put my two lots of fish and chips in, but the people before me had theirs put in carrier for them. Was it just because I was a holiday maker or so they thought I was. My grandparents were born in suffolk so in my eyes I am not a tourist, and even if I was I expect better treatment. Will not go back again.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank sheila d
London, England, United Kingdom
“A taste of the seaside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have visited Aldeburgh several times over the last couple of years and always stop in here for fish and chips. Over the bank holiday I brought a group of friends and we popped in at 12, luckily just before the queues started I think! Decent piece of cod and tasty chips - nothing to complain about at all. Friendly staff and will definitely be visiting again.

London, United Kingdom
“average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Aldeburgh is lovely and we enjoyed our fish n chips on the beach with was great. the food was ok, average I would say, nothing special but ok.