“Simply the best”

Cuisines: British
Attleborough, England, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I could never understand why the que is so long but after eating there fish and chips I now would wait its around an hours drive away for me and I have really fancied fish and chips one Thursday so I thought where to go and I got in the car and ended up here the fish is of good size and really fresh

Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Kettering, United Kingdom
“The Best fish and chips ever worth the 2 and half hour drive just for them”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We live in Kettering Northants and it is about 2 1/2 hours to get here, it is well worth the drive just for the fish and chips which we eat on the beach.

everyone should visit this chip shop yum yum yum

• Visited June 2014
Suffolk
“The best fish and chips for miles!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

There are two fish and chip shops in Aldeburgh and they are both owned by the same people. In my opinion, this is the better one of the two, although there is not a lot of difference between the two. They are both much better than any fish and chip shop we have been to. We travel up from Ipswich on a regular basis for this treat and a walk along the beach. There is often a queue with a possible 20 - 30 minute wait, but it is well worth it.

• Visited June 2014
“Super scoff on the beach”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Very good fish and chips and worth the short wait. It was busy, but efficient, with all hands to the pump frying away. Taking away and going to sit on the beach to eat them, marvellous. Finding that they lived up to the reputation was even better, and I am a chippy snob too!

Visited June 2014
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Get real, past commenters.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Growing up just outside Aldeburgh I have enjoyed these incomparable fish and chips weekly until I was 18 and at least monthly since then - I even had them on my wedding day. YES the queues can be ridiculous but I felt the need to reply to previous commenters.

Woman from Birmingham, 90% of their trade is tourists so they wouldn't treat you any differently, and how many carrier bags do you need for two portions of fish and chips? And actually - having grandparents born here doesn't make you a flipping local!

Man complaining about the wind on the front - it's the North Sea coast, what are you expecting? How is this under the proprietor's control? Boxes are available free on request.

I live in Leicestershire now and I would kill to have a fish and chip shop even half as good as this one nearby.

1 Thank UKHec