We stayed for 2 nights (Fri and Sat) in November 2013. The house is beautifully decorated and our room (double at the back) was large and comfortable. It was quiet with a nice view over the garden. It's located very near the high street and the beach. The breakfast was delicious. The owners recommended walks and gave us maps and also made helpful restaurant/pub suggestions.
- we were told breakfast was at 8.30, we weren't given a choice. Would prefer to be given a time window or asked when we want it.
- we weren't really left alone for breakfast - it felt like we couldn't really talk to each other because the owner was standing so close to us. The breakfast was delicious so it would have been nice to be able to enjoy it in a more relaxed way.
- the room was cold at night and the lighting in the room wasn't very strong which made reading difficult.
- the bathroom isn't en suite (although we realise this is not fixable!)
- we ran out of tea/water/loo roll as it wasn't restocked when the room was cleaned, and had to go looking for it.
These are quite small things but for us just stopped this place being as great as it really could be.
Overall though, a very nice b&b and we enjoyed our stay in Aldeburgh.More