The pub Sunday Lunch can be a little tedious, and predictable. The Cadogan has a slightly different take. Charge a bit more, offer a better product with some welcome variations, and provide that " I enjoyed that feeling"
The food really is good. Forget the 3 roast Sunday lunch with tired vegetables. The meat is cooked to perfection, the vegetable have a unique twist, and the deserts are equally distinctive. Some good beers (from their own brewery).
My only (minor) criticism is the service. The average age of the front end must be about 25. In fairness the guy at the bar was well informed about the beers and the menu but the waitresses , although polite and efficient, did no that've that pizz-az.
With the quality of the food, this place could aim much higher but, to do that, they need an assertive "front of house". Such an investment would enable them to increase their prices ( should I be saying this ?) and move them up into a higher league.
Check it out and make up your own mind. You've little to lose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We know that not everyone wants the same thing. You might want a pint of local real ale at the bar… A bottle of wine and a grazing board on the sofas… A meal in the dining room… A really good coffee with a read of the paper… To rest your head the night before an important business meeting… A relaxing weekend break only 4 miles from Bury St Edmunds… Take your pick. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Cadogan Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cadogan Arms Hotel Bury St. Edmunds
- The Cadogan Arms Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk