“A pleasant lunch”

Ranked #13 of 56 Bury St Edmunds B&B and Inns
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“A pleasant lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a restaurant I visit now and again. An interesting menu. I had butternut squash risotto with brie and walnut salad, and lemon possett. Delicious. Good customer service and a helpful team. A decent sized car park. Lots of families there too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stopped in the Cadogan for 2 nights over the Easter weekend. We arrived on Good Friday and our room was ready. The rooms were comfortable with everything we needed and very quiet. I had booked us in for a meal on the Friday night and I was very impressed with the food. I had all 3 courses and I couldn't fault any of them. The staff here are very friendly. The pub itself is very relaxing and I enjoyed chilling out with a couple of glasses of wine. It's unlikely that I'll be in Bury St Edmunds again but if I was I would definitely stop at the Cadogan. Great rooms, great spot, great food.

Suffolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We met up here for a family lunch on Easter Day - our party included mixed age adults, a toddler and a baby. There was a comfy sofa area where we sat for a drink and chat at the start. When we moved to our table, there was a high chair plus crayons and paper all ready in place for the toddler. The staff were most helpful and the food was enjoyed by all. I was able to take the baby away from the table for a kick on one of the sofas later on and the toddler enjoyed the play equipment and the chickens in the garden outside. I would recommend this as a great place for family meals and I'm sure we would have enjoyed it just as much as an older couple on our own.

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Went for dinner; a varied menu with daily specials to choose from, and all different. Also availble were pre-dinner nibbles whilst choosing from the menu and I don't mean crisps or peanuts but deep-fried whitebait served in a cup, warm tasty bread with olive tapenade for example, smaller than a starter but enough to whet the appetite . We all had different starters and main courses, all were delicious. The lamb hotpot was so scrummy although if being ultra critical, the meat was not quite tender but not enough to describe as tough. We couldn't leave without having a dessert - and coffee. It was more than we would normally eat but all too good not to!

Staff were welcoming, friendly and efficient. Will certainly visit again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here, had dinner and breakfast. Very very clean, best dinner expensive but delicious. As an American did not care for breakfast but it was very fresh, traditional English and great service . The owners are wonderful as well as their parents. Lovely lovely!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Baseballnana12
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We called in as a last minute thing because our original pub had to close due to a bizzare swarm of flies that had invaded the place. However the landlord pointed us in the direction of the Cadogan Arms. Two of us had the roast beef, two of us had the pork and my two daughters shared a childs portion of beef. The food was very good and we would call in again.

We really liked the toy box which kept my daughters amused for a good while. There is also a great beer garden with a small play frame with a slide and a good view of the chicken coop. Clearly children have been thought about at this place. We didn't stay overnight though may consider it in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jimmyposhfan
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

The only reason that I'm not giving the Cadogan 5 stars is that it only does one vegetarian option BUT everytime I've eaten there I've had a great meal. The staff are attentive, the food is worth the price and I always leave happy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple