Oak Farm Barn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
The Chantry Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
Great 4.5/5
The Angel Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Priory Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
Great 4.5/5
    All Saints Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewsbreakfast roomb btea and cakedvds to borrowlounge area to relaxoutstanding accommodationcomfortable bedlocal walksa quiet country lanegluten free sausagesupstairs roomon arrivalfreshly cooked breakfastlarge breakfastlittle toucheswarm welcomelovely little place
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 19 May 2011

Me and my fiancé stopped at oak farm barn in December 2010, we were greeted by Both ray and rachel who were both lovely and made us a lovely cup of tea for our arrival. There was also lovely cake waiting for us in our lovely presented room, plenty of tea, coffee and milk in our room & also upstairs in the dining room was extra milk along with alcohol if wanted. The whole setup was lovely and we felt very welcome there. It was nice that the barn is just for the b&b. There were DVDs if we wanted them, things to do leaflets and folders with nice places to eat etc. Very clean, comfy bed & pillows, good shower and lovely couple who run the b&b. Lovely breakfast. When i left for the stay I left my bag inside my room- i phoned ray and he couldnt do enough to arrange for me to get it back. I would definately go again. Great place.

• Stayed: December 2010
    1  Thank kezbarz
    Reviewed 25 April 2011

Excellent place to stay. Warm welcome, lovely room and great breakfast. £75 a night for 2 was good value too, I think. Great location to explore the area, very central. Lots of maps and guide books to borrow too. Ray and Rachel even washed up our picnic crockery for us, and sent me my phone charger in the post before I realised I'd left it there. Looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rise early and enjoy a 2hour walk before breakfast
    • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 20 February 2011

I stayed at the barn with my granny for a night and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. It felt like staying at home, Rachel had thought of everything to make it comfortable and cozy. Beautiful room and living room, delicious breakfast, a real home away from home. Thank you, we'll be coming back!

• Stayed: February 2011
    Reviewed 12 November 2010

We stayed here for the last 2 days of our honeymoon as the guest house we were originally staying in was fully booked for the weekend. The welcome was wonderful and warm. The room we stayed in was very cosy, a king size bed and lovely furnishings. Overall, was more than pleased with Ray and Rachel's hospitalit.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 7 August 2010

My partner and I stayed just one night, but it felt like we had had a weeks rest! The place is immensely charming and comfortable. The room was spacious and very clean, the bed intoxicatingly comfortable, the breakfast wonderfully cooked and beautifully presented and the general decor makes it feel you are at home. Ray and Rachel have got this place just right. The converted old barn is very well done with a lovely outside seating area that was surrounded by lavender which teased the nostrils all evening. Upstairs was a breakfast come sitting room area that was extremely spacious and comfortable, with sofas, reclining chairs..magazines, puzzles, books and free internet access via the computer. My goodness, they had even provided a bottle of gin and whiskey if one so wished to partake in a nightcap!! There were loads of pamphlets with ideas for things to do and visit and they even have a small but very suitable library of DVD's that you could take to your room to watch.

When I say that Ray and Rachel have got this just right, I also mean their guest service. They were most warm, charming and welcoming and you just know they will go that extra mile to make sure you have a good time and are comfortable. But they also didn't over impose or over fuss which so many B&B owners do and they seemed to appreciate the need for guests to just sit back, relax, enjoy the surroundings and comforts they have provided. Excellent hosts in an excellent B&B.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple