“Perfect”

Oak Farm Barn
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Superb accommodation, friendly welcome, comfortable rooms and the best breakfast in Suffolk! Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Peaceful and rural setting. An old barn converted leaving the character of the building but with all modern facilities .. all working including the Wi-Fi.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My company asked me to work in the area for sickness cover over two weeks. Originally they had suggested a Travelodge!! For a few GB pounds more for the week, Oak Farm Barn provides you with a whole lot more.

The first week I had the ground floor disabled room, twin bedded plus all the required facilities needed in the bathroom. Although comfortable I was glad to be offered the double room for the second week.

Huge choice for breakfast cereals, fruit, yoghurt, cooked meal any way you like it, real coffee etc.

The location is great just a few miles outside Bury St Edmunds which is a lovely town/city. It is also a good base for touring the area from the Norfolk Broads to the estuaries of Essex could be visited in a day. Rougham is surrounded by lots of villages with nice pubs to eat in at night so you wont go hungry.

I was amazed at all the little touches Ray & Rachel have put into their B&B so many that I read the other reviews & found ones I had missed. One of the best things was the free wireless available in the rooms & if you don't have your laptop there is a PC in the lounge for guest use.

Lovely place, lovely owners & I would certainly recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Redditch, England
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Me and my fiancé stopped at oak farm barn in December 2010, we were greeted by Both ray and rachel who were both lovely and made us a lovely cup of tea for our arrival. There was also lovely cake waiting for us in our lovely presented room, plenty of tea, coffee and milk in our room & also upstairs in the dining room was extra milk along with alcohol if wanted. The whole setup was lovely and we felt very welcome there. It was nice that the barn is just for the b&b. There were DVDs if we wanted them, things to do leaflets and folders with nice places to eat etc. Very clean, comfy bed & pillows, good shower and lovely couple who run the b&b. Lovely breakfast. When i left for the stay I left my bag inside my room- i phoned ray and he couldnt do enough to arrange for me to get it back. I would definately go again. Great place.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank kezbarz
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Excellent place to stay. Warm welcome, lovely room and great breakfast. £75 a night for 2 was good value too, I think. Great location to explore the area, very central. Lots of maps and guide books to borrow too. Ray and Rachel even washed up our picnic crockery for us, and sent me my phone charger in the post before I realised I'd left it there. Looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rise early and enjoy a 2hour walk before breakfast
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I stayed at the barn with my granny for a night and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. It felt like staying at home, Rachel had thought of everything to make it comfortable and cozy. Beautiful room and living room, delicious breakfast, a real home away from home. Thank you, we'll be coming back!

• Stayed February 2011
ESSEX, UK
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We stayed here for the last 2 days of our honeymoon as the guest house we were originally staying in was fully booked for the weekend. The welcome was wonderful and warm. The room we stayed in was very cosy, a king size bed and lovely furnishings. Overall, was more than pleased with Ray and Rachel's hospitalit.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple