“Depends on your taste”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Perhaps our visit was on an off day but we waited a long time for food and when it came, like they say on a school report, 'could do better'. Presentation was Ok although the heavy hand with thick sauces was not appreciated by me. However no two people have the same taste in food and so, whilst we will not be returning, others may really enjoy the cuisine.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I have used this restaurant a number of times.We ordered a table of six starters then mains.For some strange reason they brought two mains first.We explained we wanted starters first.It was rectified however the starters came poorly presented the soft shell crab which is usually excellent was covered in chilli and fat from the wok.The mains arrived and the two which had come earlier were re presented having spent twenty minutes under a hot lamp.Not great and it might be a while before we return which is a shame.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have eaten here a few times, with family and as a couple, we have never had a problem. The food is always good sized portions and so tasty and there is variety for everyone! Ordering is very simple and the food comes so quickly.

Seating is shared and on benche, and the atmosphere is buzzing!

Whenever i go to Bury, we always manage to plan a trip to Zens. Highly recommend to everyone!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Nice, fresh flavours with dishes from all over the far east, and not at all greasy like some Chinese restaurants. I've never had a disappointing meal from Zen, and would highly recommend the hot & spicy squid and the chilli king prawns!
Still not sure about the self-service ordering system though.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Whilst I would agree with the contributor below that the wooden bench/wagamama format seating is becoming a bit old hat, I'm surprised by the comments regarding the food - we ate during a quiet lunchtime service and couldn't really fault it. I spent a large part of my business career travelling in the Far East so I have a bit of experience ...... No, Zen doesn't compare with meals I have eaten whilst travelling and the menu is not that extensive, but for an Asian restaurant in the UK it's pretty good - if you are familiar with the Mizu restaurants in Ipswich or Brentwood, I would say the food at Zen is fresher-tasting and superior to those places. Portions are generous and pricing is very reasonable bearing that in mind. Service was pleasant and efficient (however the restaurant wasn't busy).

1  Thank Essexscot