“Some of the best food around”
Review of The Masons Arms

The Masons Arms
Ranked #54 of 219 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This pub seems to have recently gone under a refurbishment, the food is now all done in house, the chicken, mushroom and IPA pier had was one of the best I've eaten and the home made chips were fantastic, the chocolate brownie very nice to. This pub also offers wifi, just ask for the password.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Visited this wonderful pub again for my works Christmas party, again it was faultless. The staff were lovely, polite and done everything they could to make the evening run smoothly n couldnt have been more attentive. we thoroughly enjoy the meal, fresh n home cooked...... beautiful! Would definitely recommend this traditional pub :)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Masons has recently been subjected to a Greene King makeover. Whilst it was a tired old pub before, it did at least keep it's beer properly. The decor is bonkers, just too many competing styles that just don't really work. So, to the food. We were a group of 8 and every person except one had to send their food back because it was stone cold. They had obviously put food on to unwarmed plates, left it waiting for the whole table's food to be ready and everything then went stone cold. Cold fries, cold batter on fish, cold pastry on the steak pie. Disgusting. The second time mine came back, the plate was still cold, the chips were now hot but the burger was still cold. It was 9.30 by this time. I sent it back and told them not to bother again. It kind of ruined our evening. This is not a fine dining establishment but I do expect it to serve pub grub staples properly.

2  Thank JED457
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

The food was fantastic, cannot be faulted. Staff were extremely helpful, polite and friendly. The pub was beautiful, clean and well presented. Will definitely go back :)

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have always struggled to find a good pub meal in Bury, until we found this place. We went here for my friends birthday meal and it was a good evening.
Food was good and the portion sizes were quite large. there was plenty of selection on the menu.
The staff were friendly and the pub itself is quite charming. There is a great selection of drinks too.
I would say this is a great spot for meeting up for an evening meal, personally I would go elsewhere for a special event, but this place ticks the box for a general catch up/meal out.
I had a burger for my main, it was very nicely cooked, my partner had some tempura prawns with chips which he also really enjoyed.