“Very pleasant restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was on business and although the restaurant was quite busy and I was a walk in customer they found me a table straight away.
The staff were lovely and efficient.
The food was great, antipasto and a Calzoni which was massive, spicy and delicious.
Nice Peroni pint and all served in nice time
The price was very reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Prezzo - Bury St Edmunds

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My partner and I have both visited several Prezzo restaurants before and have always enjoyed their food, so when in Bury St Edmunds yesterday and looking for a place to eat Prezzo seemed like a good choice. We booked a table around an hour in advance and upon arrival were greeted by a very friendly guy who asked how we were and asked about our day before showing us to our table.

Our drinks order was taken-we asked just for water and a large jug was brought to our table, plenty enough to last the full meal. We then ordered our food. We each had the same, sharing a bread platter to start followed by Pollo Carbonara as a main meal. The bread platter had four varieties of bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The variety was very good with each being unique and using different flavours. All were good but personally I particularly enjoyed the rosemary and mozzarella breads. The main meal of Pollo Carbonara was even better- A baked spaghetti carbonara (already one of my favourite dishes) with chicken and cheese. There was plenty of it, it was perfectly cooked and most importantly it was just absolutely delicious.

After finishing our main meals we opted to each order desserts. My partner opted for a sticky toffee pudding whilst I had an ice cream and hazelnut bombe. We each tried each other’s desserts as well as our own and again, both were great.
What really made the meal though was the staff. The staff were nothing short of amazing and it really felt that nothing was too much trouble. From booking a table, being shown to our seats, asking about the food and just general conversation the staff were friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Even when we had an issue that required me to make a 15 minute phone call before paying the bill and leaving the table the staff were perfectly patient and understanding.

My partner and I both left feeling that we had one of the best restaurant experiences we’ve ever had. The décor of the restaurant was warm and inviting, the staff friendly and helpful and the food was fantastic. I really couldn’t fault the place if I tried.

3  Thank EuroDC1990
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Nice staff great pasta children welcome nothing to much trouble for the staff nothing to dislike every thing to like

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stopped by on the off chance on a Sunday evening without a booking, but were warmly welcomed and shown to a table in the light and airy section at the back of the restaurant. Although it was fairly busy, I would imagine that on a Friday or Saturday night booking would be essential.

Our waitress was charming and attentive and the food and service was excellent. We ordered a bottle of sparkling wine and, although she had never opened such a bottle before, with my partner's encouragement and instruction, she was delighted to succeed without any problem.

I ordered the antipasto for one followed by a smaller flatbread pizza with salad, which much nicer and lighter than a full size pizza. My partner chose the baked mushrooms followed by the Pollo Carbonara. All of the dishes were well presented and tasty.

A very good night out and would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Been several times , service and food very enjoyable , will definatley be back best eatery in bury st Edmunds. Worth a visit