“Great little bar!”

Ranked #173 of 220 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Good for: Bar Scene
Good for: Bar Scene
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

I read about SoBar in one of the local magazines that was in our hotel room. We popped in about 6:15 ish during happy "hour" (which is actually about 4 hours, result!). We ordered a pint & got a free half & buy one cocktail get another for £1! Great value, we liked it so much we went back after our meal.

2  Thank Carrie2108

Reviewed 1 February 2013

we often visit the So Bar before going on elsewhere in Bury to eat or cinema. good offers regularly on a large range of cocktails 2 4 1. nice decor and interesting loo signs!

1  Thank MazSuffolk
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

Popped in for lunch, and found the Moroccan themed snug! Perfect for chillaxing with friends and catching up over a drink. The lunch menu isn't huge but the sandwiches are!!!! I had the cheese, lettuce, tomato & chutney sandwich that came with colslaw (I'd guess not homemade) & tortilla chips. Yum!!! I will definately be back....maybe even after dark!!

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We just went today with my wife and a couple of friends.. We were just half an hour for a nice beer... in april the 2nd, at 7 pm.

we accidentally left our bag with documents (wallet included). No one else was in the bar, except the barman. A few minutes later we went to get it back, the barman had taken it. He recognize us and imidiately and gently gave us back the documents, but.... when I checked the wallet, there were 20 pounds less...

By the moment we realized that he took of that money (because when he gave us back he said that he took the bag), we didn't feel that bad because of the money, because we got back our passports... but... still, he took the money and that's not a good thing to say about the bar....

As a tourist I can say that (just in case) we will never go back to this bar, because taking money from someone else it's the same thing as using a gun.

2  Thank Rod P
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Been looking for So Bar on here & can't seem to find it?! Maybe because food is served only during the day I think.
A fantastic place for lunch, the quality is really very good & the surroundings very cool. Open at night too where it gets very busy at weekends, I'd say the average age is mid 20's. I eat here most weeks at lunchtime with work colleagues & its always top drawer.
Mixed cliental during the day I'd say from youngsters through to a lady who I often see there who must be in her 90's!