Kiln Farm Guest House
The Chantry Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
US$193
US$179
All Saints Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
US$156
US$151
US$88
US$86
The Angel Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
US$157
US$140
The Angel Hotel
US$164
US$71
US$69
Best Western Priory Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$75
Priceline
US$95
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I too got married on 21st., but I am not Mr. Hilliers! our guests used three local B and B's, In no particular order -

The travelodge - okay, so not officially s B and B but my description in the invite of 'cheap and cheerful', judging from guests comments, was obviously a bit optimistic.

Haughley House - absolutely brilliant house (and home produced breakfast) but this has to be weighed up against the £80 pppn price tag and the Basil Fawltyesque 'welcome' (somehow were made to feel as if they were doing you a favour in letting you stay there!).

Kiln House - out on its own on all fronts. Enough to say that my mum (not always easily pleased) claimed it to be 'simply the best B and B in the country!' Half the price of Haughley House and the wonderful welcome of the owners was incomparable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mervyn72
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights, with friends who had stayed before. They had told us how lovely it was, and it didn't disappoint. Jan and Dave are excellent hosts, very helpful and friendly. The rooms we stayed in were in a nice courtyard, spotlessly clean, with lots of different teas, coffees, and chocolates to help yourself to! The breakfasts were the best I've had in any B&B, various cereals, yogurts etc. followed by a full cooked English breakfast. Dave also kindly gave some of our group a lift to the party we were attending on the Saturday evening, which we greatly appreciated. Would highly recommend and hope to return! Many thanks Karen and Chris

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Everything you could want from a Bed and Breakfast with that little extra that you would not expect but really appreciate it.

Dave and Jan make you feel very welcome and really do look after you. Great spread for breakfast with fruit, cereal, toast and a fantastic full English.

Fantastic bar service and also a big thank you for the lift on Saturday.

We hope to see you again in the future when we need to utilise your fantastic establishment.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and members of the bridal party stayed here the night before our wedding at Haughley on 21st June. One of the first things he said to me (after saying how glad he was that we were now married of course!) was how amazing the welcome and service had been at this B&B. All of those who stayed there were beyond happy with the impeccably clean rooms and little extras provided (my husband snuck me some 'celebrations' and 'twix' back in his suitcase). They were also impressed with the little personal touches, such as the owners remembering names and what people liked/didn't like for their breakfast. They even had drinks prepared for them before they had even walked through the door! I had some very happy guests and groom so I would not hesitate to recommend this place despite not having had the pleasure of staying myself - I just need to think of a reason to visit myself now!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here last weekend to attend a wedding. Dave and Jan could not have been more welcoming .Everything was lovely - cosy and friendly. Could not think of anything more they could have given us, though perhaps the bedrooms were a bit overheated. Breakfast was super with the table extended each morning to fit our growing party. Jan even brought out glass of iced water whilst I was sitting in the courtyard reading. Sunday papers provided Not prepared to wait for another occasion before we visit again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms more spacious as in converted outbuildings though I think it was quieter in the main house where we had a first floor room with lovely views over the courtyard and countryside beyond. Would happily choose same room again.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family