On arrival they were really unfriendly and said they didn't accomodate children when I asked if they had a high chair [they had said we didn't need to provide one]
This was not the worst of it - the room:
Was very small and badly decorated and had damp in some of the corners
The towels were threadbare and had holes in them
They had a light in the room for a fire exit which stayed on all night and gave off such a bright glow that it illuminated the room
They had nylon sheets and pillow cases and we couldn't sleep because they itched
There was a large air conditioning unit outside the bedroom which stayed on most of the night.
When we approached the owner the following day, he explained that he had to have the illuminated exit sign in there as it was the law [my husband is an architect and it doesn't need to be this way, it could be done very differently] the owner was not apologetic at all and was very rude to my husband.
he also said "I knew you were trouble when you arrived with that cot, thats why we don't have children here".
The owner was aggressive towards my husband and we had one of the worst nights we ever had in any accommodation let alone one recommended by Alistair Sawday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable, spacious rooms, all with en-suite showers in the converted brew house just across the courtyard from the modern micro-brewery, bar and brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Old Cannon Brewery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Cannon Brewery Hotel Bury St. Edmunds
- Old Cannon Brewery Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk