The Chantry Hotel
All Saints Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
US$169
US$160
US$112
US$92
Best Western Priory Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$80
Priceline
The Angel Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
US$174
US$131
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
Tuddenham Mill(Tuddenham)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssmall hotelantique bedcomplimentary teano hesitation in recommending this hoteltown centrest mary's churchshort walkcar parkgreene king brewerylovely hotelwould stay againcooked optionslittle gemvery comfortable roomkipperswithin easy walking distancea lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed at The Chantry Hotel last week and we couldn't have found a better place to stay. The hotel is an attractive Georgian property, beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. The staff were friendly and helpful and gave us a warm welcome so we felt at home straight away. The room was extremely comfortable, well furnished and well stocked with lovely fluffy towels, toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities. The beautiful historic town was within easy walking distance and we were able to visit many places of interest, leaving our car in the hotel's own walled car park which is situated directly behind the hotel. The Abbey Gardens, Cathedral, Theatre Royal and the Greene King Brewery Museum tours are all within a short walking distance.

Breakfast was delicious, a good assortment of cereals, fruit, yoghurts were on offer as well as a good choice of lovely cooked breakfasts. There is a comfortable lounge area downstairs with a bar and outside seating area at the rear of the property.

Thank you for such a wonderful stay - this lovely hotel is very highly recommended !!

Room Tip: Excellent place to stay for anyone wishing to be based within the beautiful historic town of Bury St Edmunds
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

A great location in the centre of the town with very useful parking facilities. A very pleasant hotel with good decor, good breakfast. All round reasonably priced for service. We would recommend it to others

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We have just had a very good experience staying at The Chantry. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the building spotlessly clean and well decorated. We had a simple standard twin room but it had all the things you need to make your stay comfortable and was clean and well appointed.
Breakfast was excellent; varied and well cooked. There was ample free parking at the back of the hotel which was a bonus.(One of the reasons we chose this hotel).
There was always hot water for a shower and tea and coffee facilities were always topped up daily.
One point for reference and is not meant as a criticism is that in this wonderful fine weather we are having it would have been nice to have a sheet on the bed rather than just the duvet so I could stay covered and cool.
The hotel is only a few minutes walking distance from the Cathedral and the town of Bury St Edmund which is a wonderful town to visit.
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would gladly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Just an overnight stay as visiting RAF Mildenhall but the room was beautiful.
Lovely big bed and immaculate bathroom really made it a lovely stay. Breakfast was great - good choice of cold buffet and a fully cooked breakfast if you wanted. Literally a 5 minute stroll into the centre and a good choice of Bars and Restaurants. All of the Hotel staff were great and would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed at the Chantry Hotel whilst on business. After my epic 4 hour drive I was delighted with the reception I got. Free parking at the back of the hotel, superb breakfast (poached eggs are perfect), the room I was in was a single with a wonderfully large shower, the shower itself was not the most powerful but it did the job. It's only a 5 minute walk into the main town and there you can sample some of the many pubs and restaurants Bury has to offer. I also made a brief stop at the Cathedral which was beautiful. My only one gripe was, due to the lovely weather, I had to keep the window open in my room but this meant I heard every single bike, lorry and car that went past which was a bit annoying (especially at 5 in the morning). I would definetly stay here again but I'd ask for a different room.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business