“Good Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indi-fusion restaurant
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We took the 5 course menu. It was plenty and very good. Also good price-quality. Service was friendly.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Visit relatives in Bury St. Edmunds every few months and had, over the years, been to Rose of Bengal several times - sometimes it was really good, other times fairly mediocre.

Taken there again in early July.

The new (at least new to me) "set" menu was chosen by all 6 of us. The menu consisted of a papadom, a mixed starter, a wide choice of main course (from about 15 or so dishes), a choice of side dish (from about 6 on offer) and either rice or naan. All for £12 each.

The food was excellent.

Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We went there on the recomendation of a local lady taxi driver and was pleasantly surprised.
food was good..service great. food good value...the only down fall was the house wine was a little expensive..
But overall a very nice evening

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I went to the Rose of Bengal with a friend for a business meeting and was thoroughly underwhelmed. Service was OK, and the food had a reasonable amount of flavour, though it lacked the heat I had expected from my Rogan Josh. They also managed to miss off my Tarka Daal and when I asked about it, it arrived in a few minutes, but was very thin and watery. As with all Indians, the drinks were quite expensive.

On the plus side, the Garlic Naan was extremely light and fluffy, not the least bit heavy like some flatbreads can be and was a joy to eat.

Overall, I don't think I'd choose to go there again, but would probably eat there if someone else organised it.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Once again my wife and i travelled to The Rose for the best Indian food in Suffolk. The Rose of Bengal always serves top class food and the service is always excellent. We have been going for many years now and if you fancy Indian food you cannot find better for miles around.