“Pizza time warp” 2 of 5 bubbles

Pizza Hut
Ranked #133 of 203 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: IP33 1BE Tel: 01284 701201
“Pizza time warp”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The last time I went to a pizza hut was probably 15 years ago and hearing they now do gluten free options I thought lets go for lunch....remembering what it was like 15 years ago I anticipated to join a queue of hungry diners desperate for the pizza buffet. However when entering there was only one other set of diners there...even stranger the decor was the same as when I went last time 15 years ago...
Unfortunately the new waiter hadn't benefitted from an adequate staff training course and my simple questions of ' do you have a gluten free base?' And ' do you have goats cheese?' Phased him hugely.
As the rest of my family tucked into the slim pickings of the buffet ( not like it used to be 15 years ago) I waited for someone to take my order. When the time came he then had to go and get a notebook and pen...pizza however was tastey....all in all an absolutely bizzare eating experience might give it another try in 15 years.

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Disappointed at my lunch.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

OK so I only went for the lunch time buffet but for this to work to any levels of satisfaction you need a selection of pizza! The place was busy but not overstretched by any standard but pickings were slim. After settling on a couple of bashed slices we sat and waited for replenishment. After looking at our plates for a while I asked the question to the manager is there to be more? I was told there's some already there but we have more coming. The same pizzas arrived. When a barbecue beef one came there was an undignified feeding frenzy and I missed out. I did however count three started vegetarian options. Cold n unloved.
Shame as I love pizza!

“Yuk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Having not been to Pizza Hut for years I was looking forward to my stuffed crust. However the first batch were soggy, the second batch were almost as bad. I ate 2 slices which then made me sick. Lovely.

1 Thank tomjamison1
Haverhill suffolk
“Customer service ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Amazing staff really friendly great service first time there will go there again. Really fresh salad bar topped up regularly. Quick service on drink refills

Southery, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

All you can eat buffet. Very nice. Pasta yummy. Pizza fantastic. Salad excellent. Definitely come back. Thank you

• Visited July 2013