“4 star?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bury St Edmunds
St Edmunds Guest House
Ranked #24 of 56 Bury St Edmunds B&B and Inns
Dudley, United Kingdom
“4 star?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

this was overall a brilliant stay with clean rooms, bright and excellent staff. They welcomed us and showed us round the b&b. We needed water at 6 in the morning and there wasn't anyone in the house so we looked around and there was no taps to get water. I had to walk 40 minutes up the road to get a bottle of water was not happy. Breakfast was nice however it was a very small portion. I recommend this b&b to everyone just take your own water. I was on middle floor and could hear every movement upstairs so take ear plugs.

Room Tip: there isn't a pool or childrens activities and take your own water!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Heidi S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hessle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was amazed at the quality of this b & b and would say that it's probably one of the best I have stayed in. Was there for around 5 weeks , for business purposes and did not consider moving, unlike my previous accommodation in Bury St Edmunds.
Rooms are clean bright and spacious, with decent shower rooms and the whole set up is well thought out.
Good efficient , friendly and helpful staff, Karin & Pauline and of course, the owner Tony.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed here for a few days on a trip to do some family research. I was travelling by public transport so needed somewhere that was ideally within walking distance to the train station and an easy walk into the main town area. This place fitted the bill perfectly as it was about 15mins to the station, the bus station was just down the road 10 mins into the central part of Bury St Edmunds.
My single room was a reasonable size with all the usual facilities: TV, hairdryer, good storage and a very large wet room. The wet room was obviously originally for someone with some disability as there were rails around the toilet and it was very easy access. Everything was very clean and the bed extremely comfortable.
The main down point for me about the room was that I couldn't open the windows beyond about an inch and as I visited during hot weather (about 29 deg C) and as my room faced the sun for most of the day, it became very warm. I think the reason for the limits on the windows was for security as they faced the main road. A fan was provided but this just blew hot air around the room! Other windows were open in the corridor so I propped my door open a little.
Guests have access to a room with a microwave and a fridge so you can buy, store and heat up a meal in the evenings if you don't want to eat out every day. Beyond this room is a balcony that looks out onto the back garden. There's a few tables and seating for guests here too. You can select from cereals, fruit, yoghurt or a hot breakfast. I'm a cereal eater so only tried the hot breakfast once but wasn't keen on the way the scrambled egg was cooked.
I've noticed a comment about the main road. Yes it is busier on a week day morning and my room was directly beside it but I didn't find it disturbing. The dominos is across the road but it is an extremely small place and didn't disturb me either.
The kitchen was directly across from my room so I did get woken early a couple of mornings from the sound of people working in there.
the website did say that it is possible to store your luggage if required if there is some time between checking out and actually leaving Bury. I was allowed to store my medium backpack but i had to negotiate as it is dependant on whether someone will be around to open the door to give you access. The family was very helpful and friendly.
Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again should I return to Bury St Edmunds.

Room Tip: If you visit during hot weather request a room which is not situated close to the main road. If you...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Katherine K
Theydon Bois, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was our 2nd stay at this very tidy B&B whilst visiting friends, the rooms are large, clean, bright and the large bed we had was very comfortable, breakfast as last time arrived quickly and was delicious, will stay here again if in Bury.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shirley w
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed out here recently for a wedding nearby - was warmly greeted by Pauline (from memory) who fixed me a cup of coffee having come off a long trip from Australia.

Stayed in a private room - which was clean with a palatial-sized bathroom. Well located a brief walk from the town center.

Well priced, friendly and clean - would definitely stay here again if I found myself in this part of the world.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank ghostriderll
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here when we were visiting family in the area and were quite happy with the accommodation. The staff were friendly and welcoming and it was a lovely clean house with a nice area for breakfast. Our room was a great size with a decent bathroom. The only downside was that there is a Dominos over the road and there is a fair amount of loud and drunken foot traffic going past at night, expecially at the weekend, plus its on a fairly busty road and next to a roundabout. Might not be as bad if you get a room at the back of the property. Despite this though, it was a lovely place to stay and I certainly would stay again and would recommend it. I think its slightly overpriced but I wouldn't necessarily begrudge paying the current rate.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Holly M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We had our 4th stay here this week and always lives up to expectations. Beautiful rooms, helpful and friendly team, tasty breakfast! Always my BnB of choice! Wouldn't say that there was particularly anything I would change. Really helpful to have a room free for you to eat your own food and relax if you wish.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple