“One of the best cafés around ”
Review of The Suffolk Carver

The Suffolk Carver
Ranked #38 of 220 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The Suffolk carverer is a lovely place to meet up for lunch. The jacket potatoes are my favourite thing on the menu.
Gets very busy and can be hard to find a table. On one occasion we managed to squeeze 3 of us around a 2 seated table just!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Had lunch here today and I was blown away with the quality and price I just had to tell you guys abut it! First off I have been here before but just for tea and cake, which was lovely and great service. However I did think £6.50 for a baguette was a bit much. Well today smelling the pork I just couldn't resist. I had a pork and stuffing baguette which came with Apple sauce, salad and coleslaw . For £ 6.50 the amount of pork in the baguette was a surprise, when people say the portions here are good they mean it! Most places would be tempted to put chips or something with it, just so people think they are getting a better deal. There is no need with theses baguettes as they are well filled. The service was VERY GOOD very welcoming and VERY QUICK in VERY HAPPY and will be back next week for the sane thing because it really was lovely.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Best breakfast town! Fast and friendly service. We've been to many cafés in Bury, but this one is the best! It's a weekly visit for my husband and I.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The best in bury for lunch. Never go anywhere else. I have never found another cafe that can beat their jacket potatoes they are the best for taste and size, they are huge. Everything on the menu is great., really good size portions and well presented. Only negative I have is when certain staff are on days off like the really friendly man that cooks you can tend to wait a bit longer and staff a little less attentive, but food still good and not enough to make me not want to eat there.
I would give them the feedback if there is an issue and know they would act on it as they are always so friendly and remember you on return visits. Would recommend to anyone who has not been there yet.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here for years. It is my go-to place for lunch. Their special chicken panini is one of my favourites but they have a great selection on the menu.