“a excellent tour 10 april 2013”

Greene King Brewery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Attached to the beautiful Greene King brewery, our beer cafe is open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm and Saturday 10am to 6pm. Brunch and Lunch served Monday to Friday 8am - 2pm Saturday 10am - 3pm. We have Brewery Tours everyday and a shop for beers, clothing and gifts. Upstairs we have a great party venue for up to 45 people. Call us on 01284 714297 - Cheers!
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 10 April 2013

yes we meet henry a excellent guide he explain from the start all about greenking history
he took us through all the stages of how beer is made around the factory and on to the roof and explain all the area of bury st edmound
he show us what goings in to beer
we then had a excellent tasting also of chutney and mustard well done thank very much tony mbe keep up the good work

1  Thank tony726

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I really enjoyed this tour, the guide was very friendly and hospitable. You get to see a good amount of the brewery. They have a nice large to store to buy glasses and bottles of beers. But by far my favorite part was the visit to the tap room. They had a large selection of beers to try and let you try quite a few. Our guide was also very knowledgeable about the town and had some great recommendations on what else to see in Bury St Edmunds and what pubs to visit. I would gladly visit here again. To bad I cannot get Green Kings Selection of Beers in America. I have only found the Abbott!

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Sadly over the last 4 years since i discovered it I've done the tour five times with various friends and family. Never get bored of if it, informative and fun every time. Guides are knowledgable and enthusiastic, the tour is just the right amount of waking and talking before you get to sample the excellent brews! Great value for money and never been disappointed.

There are quite a few steps on the tour but my friends 90+ grandad managed it and was still first in line for tasting!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

My husband and I went on the Greene King Brewery tour in Bury and enjoyed a very entertaining afternoon! We were surprised by the amount of history we learnt about the area. We also learnt about the company, its business, and the area it occupies. Mike King, our tour guide for the afternoon, is a wealth of knowledge and showed us around the factory explaining each process along the way and its heritage. The view from the factory roof was amazing, and Mike pointed out more locations where the company completes other parts of the processes for the final product. The tour concluded with a tasting session of cask ales, bottled beers and some chutneys, marmalade and mustard. Mike was very entertaining and able to answer many questions! I would thoroughly recommend this tour, and can see it would appeal to both adults and children. Thank you Mike for a great afternoon and tasting session.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Maureen, our guide, was friendly, and full of knowledge. She kept the tour moving and answered any questions as we went. She gave great info about the beers and chutney we sampled at the end. The brewery itself was interesting to see. Recommend make a reservation for the tour ahead of time as they book up quickly for the weekend tours.