“good service relaxed atmosphere”
Review of St Edmunds Tavern - CLOSED

St Edmunds Tavern
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“good service relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We had Sunday roast here on the 3rd July 2011. Pleasant place to dine, with a rather nice heated patio, though we dined just inside. Polite attentive service with a comfortable bar area that has a good selection of beer. Six of us dined and enjoyed a decent Sunday roast. Not to pricey and worth booking.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank travellingsurgeon10

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Average says it all”
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I had been looking forward to eating at The St Edmunds Tavern having heard only good things about the food, but I left a little disappointed.
I chose warm Camembert with crunchy vegetables and bread for starter and Steak and Ale pie with mash and veg for my main.
I found the camembert rather mild and the two slices of bread were I think taken from a pre-sliced loaf.
The pie was very tasty, but I was rationed with the snap peas and beans which was a pity because they were nice too.
I feel that a good way to judge a meal is if you are tempted to buy a pudding after the first two courses. On this occasion I wasn't.
Overal it was slightly overpriced, about £25 per head with a couple of drinks but no puddings.

Jody23460, Manager at St Edmunds Tavern, responded to this review, 22 March 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry you were a little bit disappointed with your visit. We welcome any comments to help
us improve things in the future as we are a small new business striving to keep up with all the cheap branded restaurants in these current times! I can assure you our dishes are all made fresh from scratch, including the bread served with our starters!
I hope- maybe you will try a visit again one day and if you mention any comments to the staff at the time we will endeavour to help, including giving a larger portion of veg!
Once again thank you for your comments.
Marietta, Georgia
“Wonderful, Would Go Again in a Heartbeat”
Reviewed 14 November 2010

The lady who owned the B&B we were at recommended the King Edmund, and I was so pleased she did. It was an excellent experience- food, service, building were all wonderful.

Atmospheric old half timbered building, worth a visit in and of itself, and the food was really good. My husband had a steak that actually smelled good from my side of the table, and I had a pumpkin and ginger pasta dish that was delicious. Even my meat & potatoes husband stole a bite when I was busy looking at my surroundings.

Service was also very attentive and caring.I got the impression that the lady who served us really wanted us to enjoy ourselves and enjoy the meal. Prices were more than reasonable for the quality of the food.

Definitely an A+.

Jody23460, Owner at St Edmunds Tavern, responded to this review, 19 November 2010
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your visit.
“Went here for a Saturday nigh meal was a...”
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Went here for a Saturday nigh meal was a nice little find, food was of good standard and the prices were very. Would visit here again.

2 Thank Shane030377
Jody23460, Manager at St Edmunds Tavern, responded to this review, 23 October 2010
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, it is much appreciated.