“Still My Favourite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harriets Cafe and Tearooms

Harriets Cafe and Tearooms
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chippenham
“Still My Favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Have visited Harriets in Bury twice in the last month and it's still my favourite place to go. The staff have always looked after me and they've never let me down. My lunch was really fresh and came quickly. Fab fab Harriets !!! I hear they have one in Cambridge too ! That'll be me sorted for my next trip.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Amelia B

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“its a must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

This restaurant takes you back into time,harriets is a 1940's style tearooms with so much to offer,from the moment you walk in its like your taken on an adventure the service is fantastic and the ambience is magical not to mention the food which tastes as scrummy as it looks.The prices are on par with rest of bury so no need to worry about breaking the bank.I would recommend booking in the afternoon for one of harriets signature special afternoon teas you will walk out wanting to tell all about your experience just as i have done.

1 Thank suzzan_rand
Wymondham, Norfolk
“Lovely afternoon tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

2nd visit to Harriets, and have to say, the afternoon cream tea is a treat!. Although you only really need to order one to share and an extra pot of tea of course!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bury st edmunds suffolk uk
“Lovely light lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

This place is always popular so you may have to wait for a seat but its well worth the wait! Staff are friendly and the food is great whether you want a sandwhich snack or a full on main meal. If you are lucky enough to catch the time when the pianist is playing this all adds to the wonderful ambience of an old fashioned tea room.

Visited March 2012
Huntingdon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My partner and I visited Harriets on Sunday 22nd April. First impressions count! My first observation was that the carpet looked dirty - Is this the standard of cleanliness I can expect throughout I thought to myself? Sandly this proved to be correct. We were seated near the disabled toilet which opened up directly onto the restaurant and which could be smelt and seen from our table. We moved away to a vacant table, which was not a lot better. The milk jug and sugar bowl on the table were not clean, with finger prints and muck around them. When our roast dinner came to the table, the plates (only luke warm) had finger prints all around the edge and I sent the meal back TWICE because it was not hot. I had little faith in ordering any more food, when offered, and so I went without. I have to say that the staff were attentive and polite. Harriets - you need to clean up your act if you want to attract!

• Visited April 2012