See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed with friends and family for party in town. Room needed light bulbs, wall had damp in corner.. breakfast basic... but the only good thing was the polite and friendly staff!!!
Think the hotel had been bought by another company so let’s hope it will get a complete overhaul!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Kizzy B, Manager at Dragonfly Hotel Bury St Edmunds, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for your review of your stay with us, and I'm sorry you were less than satisfied with the condition of the hotel. We have just started a period of extensive refurbishment, and I hope you will consider using us again in the future to see the exciting changes we are making.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We recently had to visit Bury St Edmund`s unexpectedly and this was the only place we could find in a hurry which had twin rooms available. The staff were friendly, helpful and polite; the room, en suite and linens were clean and the beds comfortable; there was plenty of free car parking and the room rate was very reasonable. We didn`t eat in at all so are unable to comment on the breakfast or restaurant service. It is likely that we shall need to stay at BSE again in the near future and we`ll have no hesitation in booking here then.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room and did not experience any disturbances there.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Kizzy B, Guest Relations Manager at Dragonfly Hotel Bury St Edmunds, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Binington3, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay here with us at the Dragonfly Hotel and for the kind words contained in your review. I am pleased to read that you found your stay to be very comfortable and value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kizzy

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I stayed here to interview someone recently, they offered me a good room rate with a meeting room too.When you look at this Hotel its looks and is the same as many chain Hotel's I could mention around the country, with one big exception!, all the staff who dealt with me had one focus in mind "we want you back", and I felt that from the time I arrived to the time I left.
When I enquired about making a booking, with an over night stay and a meeting room to interview just one person the next morning,the lady who handled my enquiry, was very flexible, there was no, this is the price and thats it!, she wanted the business which is very different from many Hotel's I've tried to book with over the years, and again this was what I felt from all the staff here, from reception, dinner/ breakfast in the restaurant, my meeting room and check out, I want to focus on this because its was very noticeable, and I hope the management/ owners take note!.
To finish my room was exceptionally clean, and I had a comfortable nights sleep, my only negative was the bath hot water was very slow, not really enough to bath or shower properly, I managed, and intended to say something before leaving, however when I went to get coffee for my interviewee and myself, one of the staff asked me how my stay had been, and he took it on himself to see what he could do to make thing's right, I didn't have to say anything else, job done!---we want you back, and yes, I'll be back for sure, in the meantime, my wish to all the staff here, keep up the good work, you will get your rewards!!.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the garden side its quieter
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Kizzy B, Guest Relations Manager at Dragonfly Hotel Bury St Edmunds, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you John for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay here with us. I would like to thank you also for the kind words contained in your review. The team work very hard to ensure every guest gets the best possible customer service and I am delighted that this is the case with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and all areas smelt nice and fresh. The rooms are a bit tired but very clean and tidy. Breakfast was excellent value for money and the staff were very pleasant. For the price we paid, the hotel was more than adequate

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you Joanna for taking the time to post your review. I am very pleased to read that you found your recent stay to be good value for money. We are currently under going a huge refurbishment to update the hotel and hope to see you in the future to show you the improvements.

kizzy Brew-Butler

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The hotel was clean modern and good range of local beers at the Bar. Food was of very good standard. It had many free parking at the hotel and near the city centre to visit local places of interest.

Restaurant is linked to the bar and the service is quick

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you Kevin for your recent review of your stay here at The Dragonfly hotel. I am delighted to see that you gave us 5 stars and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.