Travelled to Bury St Edmund s with a group of more senior cricket players and stayed at the Angel hotel for two nights over the bank holiday weekend
The hotel is beautifully located in the heart of this interesting market town.The cathedral is a 150 yard flat walk from the hotel and there a superbly maintained park gardens 100yards away.The town itself is all easily assessable on foot.
The hotel staff will willingly park guests cars and will return them to the front of the hotel when given 30 minutes notice .
The hotel itself is an impressive building from the front with an abundance of hanging baskets and window boxes.
The lobby and check in staff were polite and helpful, and the lobby itself is modern and clean
The room we were located had twin beds, which were clean and comfortable , but may of been a little to soft for some !
We were told our room was due for a refurbishment , and upon close inspection it did have some signs of wear.
The en suite bathroom had a shower unit, wall mounted above the bath and a soft curtain screen, although it was in working order it was very dated and ''tired'.
Others of our party were very complimentary of there accommodation, which had been refurbished .
The hotel was very busy , and arriving early for breakfast was a must. We had no difficulty and were immediately seated in the high ceilinged modern breakfast room.
There was a good choice of all the 'normal' breakfast fare.
The food was nicely presented and of a good quality.
The staff , who were mainly of eastern European origin , were, polite efficient and always smiling.
This hotel was ideally positioned, and good value for money , we would have no hesitation in returning .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Georgian ivy clad 4 star boutique hotel and restaurant in Suffolk surprises with a twist of urban chic. Our Suffolk hotel is right in the heart of Bury St Edmunds town centre and everything is just a step from here. Explore winding, cobbled, shop filled streets and a plethora of ancient architecture on the doorstep. Once inside, The Angel Hotel is a curious contrast of comfy contemporary design with touches of exotic grandeur. Warm leather sofas vie for your company in the lounge, which is filled with curiosities, pop art, eccentric oddities and cool vintage furniture. It is a hotel of many different aspects all artfully blended together into an exciting package and the bedrooms are no exception. The Angel Eaterie has a great reputation and dining here is a culinary treat. Take the steps down into the decadently curious Wingspan Cocktail Bar & Lounge located in the 12th Century vaults under the Hotel. Wingspan is the perfect location to meet with friends, for pre-dinner drinks, or simply to relax after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Angel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds
- Angel Bury St Edmunds
- The Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk