If you are staying here Im sure you will love it !! if you are popping in for a big lunch or dinner Im sure you will love it. If your not spending lots of money and you are meeting for a well concealed sandwich and a coffee ( sandwich menu in waiters top pocket ) then I'm afraid you will be treated like a bit of gum on the sole of his shoe. The majority of staff - of which there were loads were really nice - then up jumped a non uniformed lout, I say lout as thats what my mother would describe what this guy looked like and what he was wearing. We ended up having a "stand off" and the guy just turned his back on us and ended the conversation. All this because he wanted the doors left open in the eating area for a particular guest arrival ( who never turned up) so rather than sitting there getting freezing cold we decided to close the door and when the guest arrived we would open the door for them.... NO NO NO it had to be left open for them until they arrived and no agreement could be met, the louts decision was final. you might argue that we should have moved and that is a very good point , however there is only one power socket which works and that was the one near the door. Maybe he was having a bad day hence the outfit - so some advice - If you're at work when its your day off - let the staff that are working deal with things. thats what they do and in my experience they do it pretty well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Georgian ivy clad 4 star boutique hotel and restaurant in Suffolk surprises with a twist of urban chic. Our Suffolk hotel is right in the heart of Bury St Edmunds town centre and everything is just a step from here. Explore winding, cobbled, shop filled streets and a plethora of ancient architecture on the doorstep. Once inside, The Angel Hotel is a curious contrast of comfy contemporary design with touches of exotic grandeur. Warm leather sofas vie for your company in the lounge, which is filled with curiosities, pop art, eccentric oddities and cool vintage furniture. It is a hotel of many different aspects all artfully blended together into an exciting package and the bedrooms are no exception. The Angel Eaterie has a great reputation and dining here is a culinary treat. Take the steps down into the decadently curious Wingspan Cocktail Bar & Lounge located in the 12th Century vaults under the Hotel. Wingspan is the perfect location to meet with friends, for pre-dinner drinks, or simply to relax after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Angel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds
- Angel Bury St Edmunds
- The Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk