Stayed with a group for 10 days in August. My traveling companion and I had an overall good experience, but some of our group really had problems. Our experiences: My companion's very inappropriate room (none of things she requested) was changed due to someone in the group agreeing to change rooms. My room was exactly as I wished. Several on our tour did not get anything like they were promised, and this was never corrected over the entire stay!
There is a GREAT diversity in quality of rooms. Many have no a/c (needed on our trip) nor closets, are tiny, and are found after winding around on multiple stairs. You might not mind, but not my cup of tea. My room was modern with a nice bed, a/c, and elevator access.
Bury St. Edmund's is a lovely town, and this hotel is wonderfully located. We ate a great deal at the hotel - my opinion: rather over-priced, VERY slow, odd choices. Venture out.
The staff I experienced (from bell service, restaurant servers and my lovely maid) were very helpful and accommodating. One of the best aspects.
It is a quirky, rambling, old hotel - but the nicest in the the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Georgian ivy clad 4 star boutique hotel and restaurant in Suffolk surprises with a twist of urban chic. Our Suffolk hotel is right in the heart of Bury St Edmunds town centre and everything is just a step from here. Explore winding, cobbled, shop filled streets and a plethora of ancient architecture on the doorstep. Once inside, The Angel Hotel is a curious contrast of comfy contemporary design with touches of exotic grandeur. Warm leather sofas vie for your company in the lounge, which is filled with curiosities, pop art, eccentric oddities and cool vintage furniture. It is a hotel of many different aspects all artfully blended together into an exciting package and the bedrooms are no exception. The Angel Eaterie has a great reputation and dining here is a culinary treat. Take the steps down into the decadently curious Wingspan Cocktail Bar & Lounge located in the 12th Century vaults under the Hotel. Wingspan is the perfect location to meet with friends, for pre-dinner drinks, or simply to relax after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Angel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds
- Angel Bury St Edmunds
- The Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk