“Beautiful and well located”
Review of The Angel Hotel

The Angel Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bury St Edmunds
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful and well located”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The Angel is one of the best hotels in Bury. The staff are ever so friendly, the food is excellent and it is very conveniently located! Would recommend for business or pleasure. It is even more stunning in the summer as it is covered by ivy and pink flowers which are beautiful!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
LynnCowan, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments about your stay at The Angel Hotel. It was wonderful to read about your time with us an I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

With Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I know the Angel Hotel really well:......the most significant plus about it is the interior decoration, which is shared with it's sister hotel, the Salthouse Harbour Hotel, Ipswich....I stayed at the Angel this Xmas, in a room overlooking the cathedral, which was brilliantly and imaginatively decorated, and which included a free standing copper bath...the hotel lounge has a vast log fire surrounded by comfortable sofas..I love this hotel, above any other I have stayed in .in Europe....a bit of an 'o.t.t.' review, but deserved!

Room Tip: see review
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
LynnCowan, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on your stay at The Angel Hotel. It was lovely to read comments and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Went for a lunch time meal with my wife ,we both ordered steaks one medium the other medium rare , when they came to the table both were cold & still alive inside and also tasted nothing like steak , told the waitress that we could not eat such substandard food and would like to order something different .She returned with menus I asked if the chef agreed the meal was bad she replied no,so we settled the bill and left leaving name and phone no but have received no call from the manager,
This is the first time in over 40 years of dinning out we have sent a meal back .
And if the management thinks we were looking for a free meal they are totally wrong as we will not eat there ever again.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Chris T
LynnCowan, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Chris

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry that we did not deliver a high standard of customer service care/service on this occasion. I will be speaking to my management team to ensure this service does not happen again. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Eye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Overnight stay with dinner & breakfast inspired by the Christmas gift of a luxury afternoon tea.

Staff at the hotel are ALL exemplary - Attention to detail and quality of service some of the best we've ever experienced in the UK.

Dinner, breaksfast and not least of all the 'Splendid Afternoon Tea' were all of very high quality and superbly presented.

Hotel room spotlessly clean and warm - Well appointed with all required bits and bobs.
Newspaper of choice delivered to door free of charge was a very nice additional touch.

Hotel bar in what was presumable old wine and ber cellar - Quirky decor in quite different surroundings. Staff again attentive whilst remaining in the background.

Valet parking and return also part of standard service.

Location perfect for centre of town with everything easily within 5 minute walk.

Unhesitating recommendation - watch out for the special deals continually on offer for additional value.

Tip - Ask for room overlooking the Abbey Gates - beautiful view from front of hotel. Some of rooms are enclosed with limited view but this in no way detracts from quality of appointment.

RECOMMENDED :-)

Room Tip: Tip - Ask for room overlooking the Abbey Gates - beautiful view from front of hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Gary

Thank you for your feedback on The Angel Hotel and taking the time to write a review. It was lovely reading your comments and I am so glad that your time with us was enjoyable.I hope we can welcome you back to The Angel Hotel in the near future.

Whitchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

My stay at the Angel was as always very enjoyable, this stay I asked for a room overlooking the Abbey and the main road. The views at night with a floodlit Abbey and grounds are spectacular, my room was clean warm and well equipped ie tea and coffee making facilities and a nice flat screen television.
The hotel is situated in an ideal location for choice of eateries bars and night life with the local theatre just a five minute walk away.
The welcoming log fire situated in the comfort area in the reception is always lit and gives an ambiance of calm and tranquility .
Eating in the hotel is a pleasure to the taste buds and breakfast is of a high quality.
I am already looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
LynnCowan, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest

It was lovely to read that your stay at The Angel Hotel was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Angel Hotel in the near future.

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed at the angel for the first time and have to say it was well worth it service was excellent and food was great especially the breakfast which was hot and freshly cooked and just how I like it a credit to your team of chefs and hotel is well suited in the surrounding area and I will definitely come back

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank tardis101
LynnCowan, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments on your stay at The Angel Hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and I will be passing you comments along to my team. I hope we can welcome you back to The Angel Hotel in the near future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had a two nights' stay at The Angel Hotel back in December 2013, so this review is long overdue!. Our room was a lovely suite and overlooked one of the town's squares. Nevertheless, it was very quiet and extremely comfortable. We had dinner at the hotel both nights. The food was excellent; a lot of local people eat there, which is a good sign. The car was taken care of by a solicitous member of staff. In fact, all the staff were amazing; friendly, professional and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was excellent too; food was freshly prepared and there was a wide variety. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return as soon as we can. We highly recommend a stay at The Angel Hotel. One of the best we have stayed at.

Room Tip: Try to secure a room at the front of the hotel. Even in the warmer months when windows are open, th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marple5
LynnCowan, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on your stay at The Angel Hotel. It was lovely to read that you had a wonderful time with us and we hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bury St Edmunds
Premier Inn Bury St Edmunds Town Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Bury St Edmunds Town...
#1 of 11 in Bury St Edmunds
All Saints Hotel
#6 of 11 in Bury St Edmunds
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Salthouse Harbour Hotel

Been to The Angel Hotel? Share your experiences!