This beautiful Georgian ivy-covered hotel is right at the very centre of historic Bury St Edmunds. Our large room was on the second floor at the end of the corridor and was bright and airy with contemporary and funky decor. With two windows overlooking the Abbey and Cathedral, comfy armchairs for relaxing and watching the world go by and a sumptuous bathroom with HUGE copper bath (and rainfall shower) it was just about perfect. There was also a freeview TV (which we did not use) and a DAB radio with ipod docking station which was a nice touch as we could listen to our own choice of music. As far as the accommodation was concerned, we just could not imagine this experience could be bettered. We stayed for two nights and will definitely return before long.
On the downside, the service in the restaurant is not very good and would be greatly improved by better staff training and supervision. Although the food is good and well presented, dinner was somewhat chaotic, as was breakfast the following morning, so we decided to eat elsewhere on the second night as the restaurant service does not do the establishment justice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Georgian ivy clad 4 star boutique hotel and restaurant in Suffolk surprises with a twist of urban chic. Our Suffolk hotel is right in the heart of Bury St Edmunds town centre and everything is just a step from here. Explore winding, cobbled, shop filled streets and a plethora of ancient architecture on the doorstep. Once inside, The Angel Hotel is a curious contrast of comfy contemporary design with touches of exotic grandeur. Warm leather sofas vie for your company in the lounge, which is filled with curiosities, pop art, eccentric oddities and cool vintage furniture. It is a hotel of many different aspects all artfully blended together into an exciting package and the bedrooms are no exception. The Angel Eaterie has a great reputation and dining here is a culinary treat. Take the steps down into the decadently curious Wingspan Cocktail Bar & Lounge located in the 12th Century vaults under the Hotel. Wingspan is the perfect location to meet with friends, for pre-dinner drinks, or simply to relax after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your The Angel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds
- Angel Bury St Edmunds
- The Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk