Find out if there is a function taking place before you book. Our stay was a disaster as 60 Irishmen having a barbecue on the lawn decided to invade the hotel at 11pm and have a party until 1am! When they finally left, we heard some of the staff having a drink until 3am! As we were in a room directly above the bar, we had a miserable time. We paid £210 for the night and so you would have thought a peaceful night was guaranteed - but no.
The hotel is a period property and so you expect a character-ful property but, in my view, it is a bit tired with wonky plumbing.
Shame because the restaurant was memorable.
We will not stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk