We had our wedding here, and couldn't be happier with the both the staff and the venue. It is a wonderful building, full of character and history, and a world away from the homogenous, bland idea of a modern hotel. You really feel you are staying in a special place. The grounds are really beautiful, too, and the kids were endlessly fascinated with the animals. As for the staff, they really made our day; relaxed, friendly and thoroughly professional.
I should also mention that the food was absolutely top-notch. Even our most fussy-eaters were bowled over by the BBQ, which was cooked to perfection.
I would recommend this hotel to any couple looking for a classy, memorable wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk