The raven if Ravenwood Hall, who greets you, would croak his welcome were he not caged and stuffed; but the spledid four hundred year old cedar tree still gently waves a welcome. RAvenwood HAll is a quintessential country hotel set in its own woodland easily and quickly reached from the A14 between Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds, a grand location to explore the delights and treasure of East Anglia.
Welcomed by a champagne cream tea and later followed by a taster and tasty menu, which somewhat curiously and not too digestibly sandwiched a meat course between two fish dishes, we were cossetted by a friendly staff. The log fires glowed in their Tudor grates and the traditional dark timber interiors clashed cheerfully if vainly with the owner's taste in modern art. Our room was in the Mews, comforyable and with beds that eschewed the duvet providing blankets that securely tucked you in.
Try the Ravenwood Hall beakaways, but as a package. Then they are good value and good quality. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk