Don't expect a 'cheap' night out at Ravenwood. It is quite pricey but there again excellent quality so that makes up for it.
Do not know much about the Hotel side of this business but the restaurant and bar (meals) are excellent. nicely presented by very friendly and happy staff ts place is ideal for a gourmet night out.
In the past my wife and I would eat here in the Bar\Conservatory almost every Friday night but having not been here for almost 4 years (my wife had a stroke so not able to visit) it was like we had never been away. Everything was of the same high standard and overseen by Craig (the owner) who circulated the tables early on in the evening greeting guests as 'friends'. Pictures of the family are everywhere giving the impression of a family business, which it is, so makes the atmosphere wonderful.
If you are looking for a quality night out, with good food then I cannot recommend this establishment enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk