We bought a deal off of Travelzoo to stay at Ravenwood for my husbands 40th birthday. We have two boys under two and so we really needed time to wind down and to spend some quality time together, and Ravenwood provided just that. We arrived to afternoon tea with champagne, a treat I will never forget. Tea was served in gorgeous silverware and the scones were huge and extremely tasty. We took a trip into Lavenham for a walk around the shops. The village had a lovely feel to it, and a comforting smell of log fires. The service at Ravenwood was fantastic, especially over our six course taster dinner. The bed was cosy and as the hotel is situated in the countryside, the room was extremely peaceful.
I would definitely recommend Ravenwood in the winter, for that open fire cosy feeling. I'd like to return in the summer to try out their open swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk