Just returned from a 2 night break and I could only say 'wow what a beautiful place'... The location was amazing and the property too. The charming hotel has bags of character in every corner. The room we stayed in was 'the deans room' , very spacious , beautifully decorated and had gorgeous views. Even after getting an extra bed in the room for my daughter still there was loads of space.
We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel and the food was awesome. Even the kids meal was presented to a very high standard. We were blown away by the presentation and the taste of the food considering that this hotel is only a 3 star. We have stayed in hotels which is given 5 star but we can't really think how they received that for the half of the things that Ravenwood offered. The service was fantastic from the owner to the waiter... Helpful, friendly and always willing to go that extra mile. The owner even asked at dinner if we want anything special made for my daughter incase she does not fancy what's on the kids menu..
All in all everything was fantastic and we can't wait to go back ....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk