We recently had a family Sunday lunch to celebrate my wife's birthday. We chose this location as we had spent our wedding night here nearly 17 years ago. The location was as we remembered it with a nice drive and lovely gardens. Upon arrival we were greeted by name and shown to a lovely table by the door overlooking the gardens. The service was first class, even with a small mistake with one of the starters which was replaced with no fuss. The food was great with good size portions. Most of us had the beef which had been cooked to perfection, and the lamb was great. The staff were attentive including the owner who seemed to be rushing around ensuring all his guests were looked after.
I would recommend the caramel and chocolate tart for desert, absolutely delicious.
A perfect place for a relaxing Sunday lunch being spoilt by some great staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk