All reviewsmews roomst edmunds roomclassic menushetland poniesfour poster bedthe main housewedding receptionsecret escapes dealsloping floorslovely groundscream tealovely venueafternoon tealog firewedding venueblack puddingrelaxing stay
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Craig Jarvis and the staff at Ravenwood are to be applauded for performing the amazing feat of catering for my daughters 21st party, in our home, and simultaneously giving us a quiet and delicious meal in the restaurant, while it was all happening...the day after Boxing day!
We have used the outside catering services at Ravenwood for nearly 25 years now and have never been disappointed. The professionalism and polished results make it a happy and stress free event every time. The chef produced an outstanding meal with a spectacular flaming Croquembouche finale, all presented by owner Craig Jarvis with his typical flair and theatricality!

I am already planning the next party...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank artiqe
Reviewed 11 December 2013

spent a night here on a travelzoo promotion. champagne cream tea and six course taster menu. Beautiful characterful room, 15th century, all old panelling and antique four poster bed. sloping floors and tiny doorways. Service and food were impeccable. Everyone was really friendly. We spent the afternoon relaxing in the lounge with our kindles in front of a log fire and big comfy sofas. Lovely relaxing mini break and the delightful town of Bury st Edmunds is a short drive away

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My wife, Cocker Spaniel puppy and I have just returned from a short (2 night) break at Ravenwood, having been to the sister location in Long Melford last year and been impressed. Great room (which was an upgrade on arrival), superb food including a tasting menu on our second night and most importantly of all, superb staff who couldn't have been more helpful, friendly or efficient. There can't be many places where the owner is behind the bar serving on a Monday night! Ravenwood feels very much like a family business and is in a good location for nearby attractions like Thetford Forest or Lavenham. I would happily recommend to friends and would certainly plan to come back, hopefully for a longer stay.

1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and I have just returned from an overnight stay at Ravenwood Hall and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel itself is warm, cosy and friendly - all the more so due to the roaring log fire and twinkling lights of the Christmas tree. All the staff are friendly, professional and welcoming. The meal in the restaurant was faultless - it was the 6 course tasting menu and the excellent service we received ensured we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. We stayed in a lovely mews room, with stunning views across the gardens. Breakfast the next morning was equally impressive - as was the service again. I am returning in February with some friends but my husband and I will definitely be making a return trip in the very near future too.

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Our most recent stay at Ravenwood was, again wonderful.
It was our first stay in a Mews room (we normally stay in the main house) and it was lovely, comfy beds and nicely furnished.
The food was fabulous - both dinner and breakfast!
Would recommend to anyone!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple