I have stayed at this Hotel many times for business over the last 15 years and its remained more or less unchanged except a large extension to the bar restaurant a few years ago which was a good thing.
It is full of quirky character not all of which is to everyone's tastes but I have to say that in all those years it's rare that I've had any negatives.
The food and wine selection is generally excellent and generally good value.
The bar area with the old log fire is lovely on a winter's evening , nevermind the smoke and the pictures of Craig's family ... So what ? Just relax and enjoy a lovely beer or glass of wine.
They do a great job here for the price and it's reassuring to walk in the door like I did last week after around 2 years and find it just as cosy as it was when I came last time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk