I was one of a party of about 30 who celebrated the 80th birthday of a family member in the restaurant of the Ravenwood Hotel. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds with ample outside seating, pre-lunch drinks were served in a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, the meal (which had obviously been pre-arranged) was served in one of the main restaurants. The four course meal was excellent, the service was very efficient and the general atmosphere was very relaxed and unhurried. We enjoyed further tea and coffee in the large poolside area, again served by very friendly and efficient members of staff. Some family members had dined at the Ravenwood on previous occasions; this was my first visit and found it a very pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk