We stayed here overnight to attend a wedding. The wedding was wonderfully done and the sit down meal was utterly outstanding. The food was to an incredible standard, the service excellent and the surroundings beautifully done. In the evening there was a hog roast and again the food was cooked to perfection. I cannot recommend it high enough. The staff made sure that our rooms were ready early so that we could use them to change before the service, and the rooms were quaint, clean and rather pretty. The morning breakfast was a strange event and although the breakfast was cooked well, the waitress could have fitted into faulty towers easily. I didn't have a problem with this and found myself laughing a lot. It made the breakfast room a great finish to a wonderful weekend, and everyone who stayed the night after the wedding seemed to enjoy this ladies rather quirky service. Although I must say that in other circumstances it may not work as well, but I think she said that she had been bought out of retirement for the morning. I would definitely go back and would almost be upset if I got a standard waitress for the breakfast service. Well done Ravenwood I was impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk