“Return visit.”

Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens
Stanford-Le-Hope, United Kingdom
“Return visit.”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Having enjoyed a relaxing break here in May, we really wanted to make a return visit, so we 4 booked in for a 4 night stay. On arrival, Michael & Christine welcomed us back like old friends. We were more than happy with our bedrooms, the Red & Peach, and we all enjoyed Christine's afternoon teas, with her delicious homemade scones, served in the Guest lounge. The highlight of every morning was breakfast. Christine's menu was extensive, with a daily 'specials' board, a range of stewed & fresh fruits, homemade preserves and Michael's honey, eggs from their hens, and local bacon and sausages. Added to this, Michael served us with skill, and kept us entertained with his unique humour. It was good to see the gardens in a different season, too. Now, we can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Michael L, Owner at Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Old friends is often exactly what we think when our guests come back on return visits. I have passed your words on the honey to the bees and told them you are returning again, I believe they will make a special effort for you with spring honey.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed at Drinkstone Park for two nights in September in order to attend a wedding in Bury St Edmunds. I did not know the area and relied on Trip Advisor reviews to help me to make a choice of where to stay. I was not disappointed! From my first phone call to my final departure(via the village fete), I was made to feel thoroughly welcomed and comfortable. I was not the easiest of guests, either. I arrived late in the evening and, having got myself lost in dark country lanes, had to be rescued by Michael, who set out in the rain to find me. Taxis to the venue of the wedding were expensive, so, again, Michael took me there and collected me!
Christine and Michael make a happily united team and their breakfasts are stunningly good. Everything is freshly cooked and the eggs are from Drinkstone Park's own hens.The bedroom and bathroom was equipped with everything I could possibly need - even low fat Horlicks!
The gardens are magnificent and the views from them, stunning. I spent so long exploring the gardens and relaxing in the sunshine that I was very nearly late for the wedding!
What more can I add? I left Drinkstone Park with reluctance, happy memories of my hosts and a box of eggs! Wonderful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hello, yes that was some weekend, you are not the first to get lost in the wilds of the Suffolk countryside but fear not I always find them. Of course as with you most who come to us do so because we are a secluded tranquil place of peace. Pleased that you enjoyed your stay even down to the village fete. The hens will be pleased when I tell them you enjoyed their eggs (ye I do tell them).
You are also not the first to relax in the garden and forget the world, nor the last I hope. This year the gardens are open in support of the National Gardens Scheme so we have to really concentrate on keeping things in order.
Thank you for your kind review and we hope to see you again at Drinkstone.
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Go and experience yourself - it's really worth it. Great hosts, great breakfast menu, great surroundings. We would certainly go back and stay at Drinkstone Park Bed & Breakfast when again in the area. It is very convenient positioned to do excursions to Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge or the sea. We loved our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael L, Owner at Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Relaxation is the key I believe, we do find lots of our guests find it easy to relax here particularly in the gardens.

We are at the moment creating a new area at the top of the gardens which will be a garden of peace and tranquillity. Watch our Facebook page for updates.

Many thanks for your kind review and we certainly hope you will return.
Fort William, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We booked Drinkstone Park for a couple of nights while on a brief visit to see friends and relax for a bit. Very warm welcome with tea and scones in the residents lounge. The room was well furnished and the bathroom excellent with a great shower. Breakfast has a very extensive menu, you would need to stay several days to sample all of the options. The garden is wonderful, not sure how you get the time to maintain it, and wish the weather had been better to enjoy it. All in all a great 2 nights and very warm welcome from Michael and Christine. I am sure we will be back when we come to Bury again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Well a first rate review for us made all the more noticeable because we know you are in fact professional's with your own hotel and much more experience than we have.

We do take pleasure in your positive findings and look forward to seeing you here again.
Barton on Sea
Reviewed 21 October 2013

A colleague and I stayed at the Drinkstone on a business trip. Even though we got delayed and were late arriving we received a warm welcome. Our rooms were lovely, spacious and well appointed. There is also a large guest lounge which would be a nice place to sit for those having more time. Our breakfast was excellent. Good choice and local ingredients including fruit from the fabulous garden. Being a gardener I even got up early to take a stroll round the garden and it was well worth the effort. Altogether an excellent choice.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Amanda H
A stroll round the garden sums up what Drinkstone is all about I feel. So pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the time in a busy business life to take that little time to yourself in the gardens.
Many thanks for taking the time to review us.
Okehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stopped off at Drinkstone in August on our way to relatives in Norfolk. We were given a lovely welcome and the accommodation was excellent. The gardens were looking beautiful and we wished we had more time to relax there. The breakfast was superb and we spent a relaxing hour with our fellow guests before we had to leave.

We will definitely be back but will make sure that we spend more than one night next time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Once again relax in the gardens, this pleases us so much. Do come again and do just that this time stay a little longer and enjoy the gardens.
We look forward to your visit.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Not much I can add that has not already been said. Far and away the best place we have ever stayed! First class accomodations, best in class breakfast, most helpful hosts! It was so peaceful and gorgeous! We would definately return time and time again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

All the way from Canada and Drinkstone is found to peaceful! That is so good to hear and makes the work we do on making the gardens a place for others to come and enjoy worthwhile.

God bless you and we thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bury St Edmunds
Oak Farm Barn
Oak Farm Barn
#4 of 53 in Bury St Edmunds
Bays Farm Country B&B and Kitchen

Been to Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens? Share your experiences!