“Forget 5 stars, this deserves 6”

Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens
Bournemouth
“Forget 5 stars, this deserves 6”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This B&B was so good. The warm welcome made us feel immediately relaxed and at home in a way I have never experienced before. We had lovely rooms with so many great little touches. A lovely big bed and patio doors onto a fabulous garden and I didn't hear another sound all night. A lovely cosy lounge where we could relax. Michael and Christine were always on had to help without being intrusive. I would say this is perfect.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms have patio doors.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael L, Owner at Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
6 stars! What can I say, we have declined 5 stars so we do at least know we could have that grading if we wished, our point is we enjoy what we do, we enjoy our guests visiting and enjoying the gardens particularly, so 5 stars seemed to overdo it for us. However to have a guest like you say we deserve 6 stars is indeed music to our ears, to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay enough to post a review like yours is enough. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband got brownie points for finding this B&B for me to stay at whist away with work. A lovely location with beautiful well thought out rooms and superb hosts. Michael and Christine were friendly and welcoming. Christine's cooking was excellent. Would have happily stayed longer. Would definitely go back. Great value for money.

Room Tip: I stayed in the upstairs 'blue room' and it was a good size with an excellent bath & sho...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sam G
So glad your husband got brownie points! We enjoyed your company and would love for you to come back and see us again, many thanks for your excellent review.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Drinkstone Park lived up to all our expectations. The very warm welcome from Michael & Christine included a tray of coffee when we arrived late evening, they are the perfect hosts. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the blue bedroom was very nicely furnished. Attention to detail was evident throughout.
Christine offered an extensive breakfast menu. Our particular favourite was Scrambled Eggs with Seedy Mustard Creamed Mushrooms and Tomatoes.
Do not miss the opportunity to walk round the extensive landscaped gardens. We look forward to seeing them again in another season.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graham C
Hi and many thanks for your kind review, we look forward to you visiting again perhaps when the gardens are in full flow. Do remember we now have a special discount available for returning guests staying for three nights or more, this also applies to people booking direct with us by phone.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

would be unfair and inaccurate to criticise the experience ... i can only echo what others have already written before me . Great value for money and would not hesitate to return .
You really cannot go wrong with a stay here !!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Corbyfox
For some reason people do seem to say some rather nice things about us! Thank you for as you say echoing that, it is really good to read your comments. We hope that you do not hesitate but do indeed return and stay with us again.
Belper, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I try and be original in anything I write. It has taken me so long to write a review for Drinkstone Park because I cannot think of anything different to say from what other reviewers have said. Michael and Christine have a talent for what they do. Drinkstone is the only b&b I have suggested to the wife that we go back to just to stay there and for no other reason. It was the ideal place to finish our tour of East Anglia (it's the guy in the 'sporty' red Honda speaking, Michael). We have stayed in some excellent b&bs over the years but Drinkstone tops them all. Quite exceptional.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bigfozbelper_England
Yes indeed the sports Honda! Nice car even nicer people. Lets not just suggest you come back please do we would love to see you here again. Many thanks for your kind words.
Stanford-Le-Hope, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Having enjoyed a relaxing break here in May, we really wanted to make a return visit, so we 4 booked in for a 4 night stay. On arrival, Michael & Christine welcomed us back like old friends. We were more than happy with our bedrooms, the Red & Peach, and we all enjoyed Christine's afternoon teas, with her delicious homemade scones, served in the Guest lounge. The highlight of every morning was breakfast. Christine's menu was extensive, with a daily 'specials' board, a range of stewed & fresh fruits, homemade preserves and Michael's honey, eggs from their hens, and local bacon and sausages. Added to this, Michael served us with skill, and kept us entertained with his unique humour. It was good to see the gardens in a different season, too. Now, we can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Old friends is often exactly what we think when our guests come back on return visits. I have passed your words on the honey to the bees and told them you are returning again, I believe they will make a special effort for you with spring honey.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed at Drinkstone Park for two nights in September in order to attend a wedding in Bury St Edmunds. I did not know the area and relied on Trip Advisor reviews to help me to make a choice of where to stay. I was not disappointed! From my first phone call to my final departure(via the village fete), I was made to feel thoroughly welcomed and comfortable. I was not the easiest of guests, either. I arrived late in the evening and, having got myself lost in dark country lanes, had to be rescued by Michael, who set out in the rain to find me. Taxis to the venue of the wedding were expensive, so, again, Michael took me there and collected me!
Christine and Michael make a happily united team and their breakfasts are stunningly good. Everything is freshly cooked and the eggs are from Drinkstone Park's own hens.The bedroom and bathroom was equipped with everything I could possibly need - even low fat Horlicks!
The gardens are magnificent and the views from them, stunning. I spent so long exploring the gardens and relaxing in the sunshine that I was very nearly late for the wedding!
What more can I add? I left Drinkstone Park with reluctance, happy memories of my hosts and a box of eggs! Wonderful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hello, yes that was some weekend, you are not the first to get lost in the wilds of the Suffolk countryside but fear not I always find them. Of course as with you most who come to us do so because we are a secluded tranquil place of peace. Pleased that you enjoyed your stay even down to the village fete. The hens will be pleased when I tell them you enjoyed their eggs (ye I do tell them).
You are also not the first to relax in the garden and forget the world, nor the last I hope. This year the gardens are open in support of the National Gardens Scheme so we have to really concentrate on keeping things in order.
Thank you for your kind review and we hope to see you again at Drinkstone.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bury St Edmunds
Best Western Priory Hotel
Best Western Priory Hotel
#7 of 11 in Bury St Edmunds
Premier Inn Bury St Edmunds Town Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Bury St Edmunds Town...
#1 of 11 in Bury St Edmunds
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Oak Farm Barn
Oak Farm Barn
#4 of 53 in Bury St Edmunds

Been to Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens? Share your experiences!