“Best pizza for miles!! Lots of miles!!”
Review of The LP

The LP
Ranked #23 of 210 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Description: A wood-stone oven cooks up authentic Italian style pizza and pasta. Freshly made salads, sandwiches and snacks are also on the menu. Ingredients are chosen for their quality alone and, where possible, are free-range and generally nice to our planet.
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Best pizza for miles!! Lots of miles!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Having been a few times now for lunch I've had a good chance to try the pizzas and a few other things. Quality is always excellent, freshly prepared food which you can see as the kitchen with the wood fired oven is open to public view. How the Pizza Hut down the road stays open I have no idea. Truly great pizza, good staff and well worth many visits.

As for the 'New Yorker' who seems to think he knows good pizza (having had pizza in New York many times I doubt it!) I think he must have reviewed the wrong place. Also he uses the word was instead of were....not to be trusted!! Do not contact him he's clearly a fraud working for Pizza Hut!!

Bury St Edmunds
“Really good”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I developed a strange craving for pizza one night, and were about to trot off to Pizza Express prior to a showing at the cinema, but then I remembered this place. And we were so glad we came - it's so good to see an independent bar/restaurant beating the chains at their own game. In fact this place is also a club by night, so it's got an additional string to its bow. Anyway we arrived in the fairly early evening, by which stage it was already packed so we could only squeeze in on a high glass table with bar chairs. Not a problem - we enjoyed the view of the assembled crowds! A rare mixture in a 'trendy' venue such as this of old and young, families and couples -making for a really good atmosphere. The service was relaxed and confident, but not in that annoying 'fake' way that you can get sometimes - we actually got the impression that the staff were genuinely interested in us having a good night. And I have to say that the pizza lived up to every expectation - fresh, perfectly cooked in the wood fired oven and just right on the pricing. The range of drinks at the bar is interesting (I had a couple of lagers which I haven't found anywhere outside the US before) and, whilst it's more of an 'industrial' space than Pizza Express (the one thing we didn't like was the concrete floor as it made it very loud when the crowds started packing in), we would gladly come here in preference any day. Where the previous reviewer who had a 're-heated' pizza had visited... well, it wasn't the same place as us.

bury st edmunds
“Going back again!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Went here for a friends birthday meal.have no complaints apart from wobbly plates!really good food and attentive staff,bloody good cocktails aswell!well worth a visit!

Lakenheath, United Kingdom
“Not Fresh”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The food was not fresh! The pizza was re-heated so was my wife's chips. Normally when you get a pizza the cheese is stringy and hot his wasn't! I'm a New Yorker and I know good pizza. If you need to contact me call 01842 860851.

THE-LP, Owner at The LP, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thanks for your review.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your meal.

Our pizza's are made of 100% fresh produce and cooked in a wood fired oven at 320 degrees.

Thanks,

David
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“The LP: The luxurious pearl of Bury St Edmunds!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Popped in for a quick lunch with my partner. Was greeted politely and expertly helped to choose from the vast selection of high quality alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. The staff were friendly and clearly all had a good knowledge of the drink and food available. I had a caesar salad and my partner had a burger. Both were delicious and the service was amazing. I have to say my caesar was the best i've ever tasted, it was so nice! Couldn't fault anything, a real highlight and treasure of this glorious, historic town.