“Delicious, friendly and relaxed”
Review of The LP

The LP
Ranked #25 of 219 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A wood-stone oven cooks up authentic Italian style pizza and pasta. Freshly made salads, sandwiches and snacks are also on the menu. Ingredients are chosen for their quality alone and, where possible, are free-range and generally nice to our planet.
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I frequently visit The LP with both our young children, and friends for dinner or drinks! There is so much space and the chefs are very amenable which makes taking the children out a much easier experience. In the evening the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, and the menu is varied and delicious. We love this venue and it is great to know that there will always be a friendly face if you pop in for a quick drink mid shopping trip!! It's holds a special place in my heart too after my surprise 30th birthday was held here last year, and what a fantastic job they did too!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is not Venice or Naples but for East Anglia and Suffolk County, the pizza here was real nice. I would eat here again before going to Pizza Express or any of the other chain restaurants so common on our high streets. On Tuesday they have a 2 for 1 offer that is hard to beat and although it is only valid for selected items, the choices are quite ample. We were there for lunch and the servers were all sitting/eating at one of the tables. Odd because it was only 1:00 and they don't open until noon. Therefore, if I were manager, they would eat before the doors open or not ALL sit at the same time. Our server walked to 3 or 4 other tables with our food before remembering who ordered what. Again, poorly managed if this was their best choice for server. However, the food was excellent, maybe Tuesday is "bring your half attentive, hungry server" to work day.

THE-LP, Manager at The LP, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Many Thanks for your review, I'm glad you like the pizza.

We open at 11am on weekdays and weekends.

9 times out of 10 we tend to eat as a group at around 2.30 (customer permitting) its nice for team ethos and directly promotes our food as we love it as much as our customers. I'm not sure why staff were sat eating at 1pm and i apologise if it affected the service level.

Hopefully see you at The LP soon.

David

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Having been a few times now for lunch I've had a good chance to try the pizzas and a few other things. Quality is always excellent, freshly prepared food which you can see as the kitchen with the wood fired oven is open to public view. How the Pizza Hut down the road stays open I have no idea. Truly great pizza, good staff and well worth many visits.

As for the 'New Yorker' who seems to think he knows good pizza (having had pizza in New York many times I doubt it!) I think he must have reviewed the wrong place. Also he uses the word was instead of were....not to be trusted!! Do not contact him he's clearly a fraud working for Pizza Hut!!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I developed a strange craving for pizza one night, and were about to trot off to Pizza Express prior to a showing at the cinema, but then I remembered this place. And we were so glad we came - it's so good to see an independent bar/restaurant beating the chains at their own game. In fact this place is also a club by night, so it's got an additional string to its bow. Anyway we arrived in the fairly early evening, by which stage it was already packed so we could only squeeze in on a high glass table with bar chairs. Not a problem - we enjoyed the view of the assembled crowds! A rare mixture in a 'trendy' venue such as this of old and young, families and couples -making for a really good atmosphere. The service was relaxed and confident, but not in that annoying 'fake' way that you can get sometimes - we actually got the impression that the staff were genuinely interested in us having a good night. And I have to say that the pizza lived up to every expectation - fresh, perfectly cooked in the wood fired oven and just right on the pricing. The range of drinks at the bar is interesting (I had a couple of lagers which I haven't found anywhere outside the US before) and, whilst it's more of an 'industrial' space than Pizza Express (the one thing we didn't like was the concrete floor as it made it very loud when the crowds started packing in), we would gladly come here in preference any day. Where the previous reviewer who had a 're-heated' pizza had visited... well, it wasn't the same place as us.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Went here for a friends birthday meal.have no complaints apart from wobbly plates!really good food and attentive staff,bloody good cocktails aswell!well worth a visit!