“Quick Pizza with my son”
Review of The LP

The LP
Ranked #22 of 220 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Description: A wood-stone oven cooks up authentic Italian style pizza and pasta. Freshly made salads, sandwiches and snacks are also on the menu. Ingredients are chosen for their quality alone and, where possible, are free-range and generally nice to our planet.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I rate this as one of the best casual dining opportunities I have been to. We dropped in for one of their stone baked pizzas and I truly enjoyed it. The restaurant was busy but not packed. Customers were sitting on both restaurant tables and low comfy sofas, whilst we sat at one of the poser tables. The pizza was delicious, nice fresh meats on a crispy thin crust base and better topped than well known national chains. My son's pizza of plenty full cheese and ample pepperoni looked delicious. Less the £30 for the two of us and i will be back

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Excellent service from all staff, very timely with the food as we had 30 people eating, bearing in mind the space the chefs had to work in. Was able to use upstairs for a private party afterwards, with plenty of space and good sound system and lighting. Would use LP's again for large function. Very good overall.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I have to say that the stone baked pizza here is better than anywhere else in town, pizza hut,express and prezzos really need to take a leaf out of their book!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I frequently visit The LP with both our young children, and friends for dinner or drinks! There is so much space and the chefs are very amenable which makes taking the children out a much easier experience. In the evening the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, and the menu is varied and delicious. We love this venue and it is great to know that there will always be a friendly face if you pop in for a quick drink mid shopping trip!! It's holds a special place in my heart too after my surprise 30th birthday was held here last year, and what a fantastic job they did too!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is not Venice or Naples but for East Anglia and Suffolk County, the pizza here was real nice. I would eat here again before going to Pizza Express or any of the other chain restaurants so common on our high streets. On Tuesday they have a 2 for 1 offer that is hard to beat and although it is only valid for selected items, the choices are quite ample. We were there for lunch and the servers were all sitting/eating at one of the tables. Odd because it was only 1:00 and they don't open until noon. Therefore, if I were manager, they would eat before the doors open or not ALL sit at the same time. Our server walked to 3 or 4 other tables with our food before remembering who ordered what. Again, poorly managed if this was their best choice for server. However, the food was excellent, maybe Tuesday is "bring your half attentive, hungry server" to work day.

THE-LP, Manager at The LP, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Many Thanks for your review, I'm glad you like the pizza.

We open at 11am on weekdays and weekends.

9 times out of 10 we tend to eat as a group at around 2.30 (customer permitting) its nice for team ethos and directly promotes our food as we love it as much as our customers. I'm not sure why staff were sat eating at 1pm and i apologise if it affected the service level.

Hopefully see you at The LP soon.

David