“Indians or cowboys?”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I'm no expert in Indian food, but I know what I like, and I like the food here. I have visited many times with my brother and his wife and we have been very happy with the food and the friendly service, and the price. We have always been in early evening, usually a Friday, and found it very quiet - sometimes the only customers apart from people collecting takeaways. I'm sure the (quiet) music used to be Indian but more recently it has been western - soft rock I guess is the best description. I actually like a bit of Indian music in an Indian restaurant but it wouldn't ever influence my choice of venue.

By the way, it is situated near the railway station, well out of the town centre, and has plenty of parking.

4  Thank jaygeebse

Reviewed 29 September 2012

The food is fantastic and the menu very good with more than the usual meals on offer. It's a great place to try something new! Sadly some people I know have never been in as they are put off by the exterior. But they are missing out because inside it is great and the staff are very good.
The only thing that lets it down at all are the toilets, they need a make over. However, with food this good the toilets will be the last thing on your mind.

5  Thank mum2babes
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

I cannot understand why this restaurant is not thriving every night. It was fantastic. The staff were so friendly and helpful, and the food was absolutely delicious, I will definitely be visiting again!

6  Thank Katiehannahxo
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I buy a takeaway from this restaurant every week. We love it. The food is consistently excellent, week after week. If you are looking for a curry restaurant or takeaway in the Bury area, we would strongly recommend Last Day of Raj. If they would deliver to Cockfield, it would be even better!

5  Thank James337
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We were so very looking forward to eating at the 'Last day of Raj' restaurant in Bury St Edmunds, as we were reading lots of good reviews online. The food was luke-warm, not spicy at all, watered-down and had a very strange twangy taste to all the dishes we ate. So very disappointed! It left us with indigestion all night long and we would strongly discourage any one to visit this establishment.

If there were minus points we'd give them!!