“wonderful venue”
Review of The Apex

The Apex
More attraction details
Owner description: Award winning live music & entertainment venue in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. From classical to jazz, folk to pop/rock, comedy, family entertainment & more! The Apex also hosts a stunning art gallery with frequently changing exhibitions, plus a cafe!
stowmarket
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“wonderful venue”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We went to see our first concert, Eddie Reader. What a wonderful venue, light bright and airy and may i say very clean. There was plenty of seating and good bar services. Our seats in the lower balcony were comfortable, although we were looking straight on to the side of the stage, we were not dissapointed. BURY ST EDMUNDS you are very lucky to have such a great place to go,,looking forward to attending more events in the future.

1 Thank penny c

Diss, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great listening experience”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my first visit; thought a modern venue in this beautiful town may have been a bit bland but I was very pleased this was not the case. The Apex has brillant acoustics, good seating all round and good visibility and a real light airy feel with plenty of bar and seating space to make our visit a must do again experience. Recommended.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank welshpins
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Venue”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

When the new shopping centre went up in Bury, I was sceptical about the incorporation of an "arts centre". I was wrong. Great venue, flexible to suit most performances, excellent acoustics. Recommended !

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kenjo J
Suffolk
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great venue for folk music”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is a brilliant venue - big enough to attract some good music, but still small enough to provide an intimate atmosphere. Extremely comfortable seating, good bar area and easy access, including free parking in the evening. But as a folk fan, the Apex has established itself as a major folk venue, and over the past 12 months we have seen Lau, Fairport Convention, Show of Hands and Bellowhead, and have tickets to see the Albion Band and the Oyster Band. Brilliant!

1 Thank SuffolkCountryman
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Good Venue”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The Apex is a modern venue which caters for a variety of shows. For my visit to see Bellowhead in concert I had purchased a ticket in the upper circle. Unfortunately for someone who suffers from vertigo this was not an ideal choice. Thankfully the staff was very understanding and helpful in transferring me into the standing area.
The venue was clean and tidy and the staff friendly. I would recommend a visit to anyone staying in the area. There was also ample parking very close by. All in all an enjoyable evening but I would definitely book for lower level seating in future.