“Has potential but ........”
Review of The Lounge

The Lounge
Ranked #157 of 213 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Price range: US$5 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Has potential but ........”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

........... it isn't clean. The back window sill is dusty and has dead insects sitting on it, and the carpet is very stained and most off-putting.

The food is average.

The staff were friendly.

The small garden looked pleasant.

• Visited July 2014
Salisia770, Manager at The Lounge, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
We'd love for you to come back and see what you think. We have newly decorated and the place looks fresh and clean!

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“All Fine, Nothing Special...Great for Mums/Dads and Small Kids!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I think if I had a young family, many of my criticisms may be what others consider to be 'The Lounge's strengths. All the usual cafe/tea room fare is on offer (and of a decent quality) but I find the atmosphere too loud and hectic for my taste!

• Visited December 2013
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great if you have children”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We love The Lounge and often like to come here for a mid morning hot chocolate with our children. High chairs are provided and it is spacious enough to wheel a bulky pushchair around. Surprised that others felt it was dirty - perhaps these were the crumbs and milkshake left over by our little ones! Staff are friendly and the service good, decent selection of sandwiches and snacks that are reasonably priced. Lovely touch having local artists' work on the walls, makes it feel far more personal than the larger chains.

• Visited December 2013
United Kingdom
“Dilemma”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Has always been my favorite coffee house.... But think I am coming out of loyalty.... It does need a tidy up and depending who is working depends on the service.... Staff need to come out of the kitchen and wipe tables when they are empty.... I want to stay loyal so please improve.

Visited December 2013
Salisia770, Manager at The Lounge, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
We have recently redecorated, giving the place a nice fresh feel. Please come back and take a look!
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have been to the Lounge on an earlier occasion and quite enjoyed it. However arriving at 3 pm on a Saturday afternoon I found the selection of comestibles unappealing and the whole place - dare I day it? - looking a little bit tired. We went elsewhere.

Visited November 2013
Salisia770, Manager at The Lounge, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
We have recently repainted and the place looks lovely and fresh. Feel free to give us another try!