“LOVE this place!”

Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I visited Bury St Edmunds for the weekend with my husband and young son and chose to eat breakfast here, and we are so glad we did. The food was delicious, and i'm not sure how anyone could complain about the eggs benedict, mine was delicious! My husband had a full english and really enjoyed it. My husbands coffee was perfect and I loved that they serve tea by using leaves and not bags! The staff were very friendly and helpful, all making us feel welcome. Everyone of them said goodbye/have a nice day when we left. We bought take away cakes home we us and enjoyed them immensley! We are from Ipswich are hear that one is opening here soon - very happy about that!! Well done Patisserie Valerie!

Reviewed 8 August 2012

delicious cakes that look and taste wonderful. It is a bit pricey but worth it for a special treat. my birthday cake came from here - best part of the celebrations.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We enjoyed the newness and the first visit was fine but when we went the second time it was rather slapdash and the coffee arrived nearly cold. The salad was OK but the cakes were not as fresh as they should have been.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Came in for breakfast this morning as our usual cafe is closed for refurbishment. Pricey, but pretty so was very disppointed by the Eggs benedict, which had whopping chunks of brioche, dry heat-lamped bacon and overdone, solid eggs. Holldanaise was nice but not enough to rescue it. Whole effect was stodgy rather than scrummy and the kids Pain au Raisin were huge, but dry. My husband had the English breakfast which again appeared dry and baked rather than freshly cooked. We are used to better and for the price, should get it.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

My whole experience here was fantastic. Everything from our meal to the staff. The cakes were to die for. I will defiantly be coming back very soon with the rest of the family.