“Great place for lunch and light snacks. Good Deli” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gastrono-me

Gastrono-me
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Gastronome-me is a vibrant and eclectic casual restaurant. Serving early breakfast, brunch and lunch. Inspired by flavours from around the globe.
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Great place for lunch and light snacks. Good Deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

What a pleasant place this is. We popped in for lunch on a busy Saturday. The dining area is to the right and behind the deli counter They have limited seating but a quick juggle around provided us with somewhere to perch.
The place was buzzing both with diners and deli customers. The menu is not extensive but the choices are good and original. The food was first class and the service was always efficient and "with a smile" even though they were very busy. The deli counter is well stocked and they make their own bread daily.
Independent, innovative, and invigorating. A welcome addition to the Bury scene.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kenjo J

London
“Fantastic deli / café!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I visited Gastrono-me for the first time today and had their fantastic Middle Eastern Mezze Platter. It was a large portion of various hummuses, some salad, some couscous, loads of olives, olive oil & balsamic vinegar dip and various breads so fantastic that I had to buy another loaf to take home. I also bought one of their unbelievably wonderful Chelsea buns. Which are bloody fantastic!

So, if you're in Bury St. Edmunds, and want some delicious food (or just a cup of tea) this is definitely the place to go. And the staff are really friendly too.

That Middle Eastern Mezze Platter was £6.25. An absolute bargain.

I've just re-read this review, and it sounds a bit like an advert for the place - but I don't work there - it's just really THAT GOOD!

1 Thank Hellopaul
Bury St Edmunds. Suffolk. England
“Excellent lunch !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Hubbie and I felt like a change for our lunch in BSE, so called in here!
Why oh why hav'nt we done it before, this will now go straight to the top of our list of favourites.
The waitress/server was so friendly and accommodating, the food was amazing, all home made, lots of it and well presented. I had the meze board I was delicious, fresh breads yum.
As well as eating in we took home some soda bread and brownies, both fresh and tasty.
Only a few tables so you take your chance, but if you are lucky enough to get one you wont go wrong.

1 Thank YogaGirl10
Telford, United Kingdom
“Very accommodating and amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My family and I had a trip in to Bury St Edmunds and I was keen not to eat at a chain food outlet! I knew of other cafés / restaurants on St Johns street. So we headed that way, the place looked inviting and was busy which is a good sign. My mother in law said she had bought bread from there before but not eaten inside. In our party were 4 adults, two children aged 2 and 3 and 2 babies, aged 7 and 10 months. So we had two push chairs, not easy to get in any where with these sometimes.
I entered the cafe and saw it was going to be a struggle for our party, however the owner said he could do it!! and he and his staff did!! They moved tables, obtained high chairs and provided us with plenty of room. And then came the food!!! Awesome!!! It's been such a long time since I had so much good flavour on my plate, other than when I cook of course!
My daughter aged 3 loved her pizza and the owner made the 2&3 year old feel special, my 10 month old helped me devour the Mediterranean platter...it consisted of bread, cous cous, roasted veg, olives in abundance, the BEST houmous I've ever had!

This is a place I will be back to, I was just disappointed we didn't have time to stop for cakes or pastries as those too looked fab!! please give this place a go!! You won't be disappointed!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rachel B
haverhill
“Good honest food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We tend to come here on Saturdays when we are shopping in the town to grab a sausage roll or cake to eat on the go. Far superior to what you get at other chain bakers.

1 Thank james h