“Friendly staff, great food, good value”
Review of Josef's Vegetarian Cafe - CLOSED

Josef's Vegetarian Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I was in Bury for the day with my husband and we decided have lunch at Josef's. The staff were very friendly, our order was taken quickly and although it was quite busy our meals arrived without much delay. It is hard to find a good vegetarian restaurant, but I would definitely recommend this one. It was good home-cooked food. I had the vegetable stew and herb dunplings from the specials board and my husband had spicy bean chilli served with cheesy tortilla chips, a lovely dressed salad and sour cream on the side. The portion sizes were very generous and we both really enjoyed our meals. we were far to full for dessert or even a coffee. Will go back here when next in the area as I can't wait to try other things on the menu and also some of the lovely looking home-made cakes and scones on display.

1  Thank DeeMain

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Having been recommended this new vegetarian cafe it has become our favourite place to eat in Bury St Edmunds. The atmosphere is wonderful and the staff are really friendly. Although they had a couple of teething problems (no chef!) and you had to wait a while for food, it was worth waiting for and the staff were very apologetic. When we last visited there was a new chef on board, a new kitchen being built and plans to extend the restaurant. Am looking forward to our next visit!

2  Thank mew803
Reviewed 16 April 2012

A new Veggie Cafe in Bury St Edmunds, I was looking forward to trying it, owned by a very young man.
The inside is lovely,very Cosy with wooden tables and it has a goof feel.
I went for lunch about 1345 so out of the main times and it was quite chaotic.
I waited ages to be served, a lady took my order of coffee and humus, then had to come back to ask again what I had ordered.
I saw a meal returned for not being hot. My hummus arrived with no cutlery, other people around me were waiting a while to be served,infact some left.
My coffee was excellent bur my hummus with walnut bread and rocket salad at £5.95 wasnt brilliant,it lacked flavour and was quite bland, I thought overpriced for what it was.
As I said I really wanted to like this place but it needs to up it's game as there are plenty of other eating places for a good cheaper lunch in BSE.

2  Thank YogaGirl10